Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Model 19 Carry Comp...sigh

That gun needs a C/S Extreme Duty rear sight anyway. Do it and you won’t regret it.

Edit: kind of a fail, you posted a pic, but not a money shot that will make us all drool.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

S&W is that restaurant that you once had one of the best meals of your life in... but has somehow always managed to disappoint you in some way ever since.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    If it’s under warranty, ask for a RMA; S&W will pay the shipping.
    Should be; it's been in their display case for probably close to a year, every time I would go there I'd drool a bit over it and then go look at something else. It's been in there long enough so that it's original price went from MSRP++, to just MSRP, to "hey, that's a good price for it" lol

I'll call them in a few hours and find out for sure. Worse case I'll order one from Brownells or Midway, whenever they get any in stock..

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    A quick fix if it’s just the blade: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...O-RS-BLADE-KIT
    Nope, not just the blade, it's the whole unit sadly...in some ways a lot easier since it's just one screw and replacing the whole thing. On the other hand, it's a $60 thing per Brownells vs a $10 kit..

Edited to add, I just removed the unit as a whole and set it down, and you can see the twist when it's laying on a flat surface.
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 11-09-2022 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That gun needs a C/S Extreme Duty rear sight anyway. Do it and you won’t regret it.

Edit: kind of a fail, you posted a pic, but not a money shot that will make us all drool.
    Fair enough!

Name:  IMG_1704-cropped.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  101.7 KB

The Carry Comp, next to my old 19-7, and a set of grips I bought ages ago and found mildly uncomfortable, so I took 'em off the 19-7 and put the rubber Hogues back on. To be fair I may have first tried the other grips out when shooting .357 through it instead of 38 special, and that may have colored my opinion of them..

Those grips do fill my hand quite a bit better than the thin ones on the Carry Comp, so I might bring a screwdriver with me to the range when I get it there and do a taste test and see which I prefer.

As far as the C&S sight - I was thinking of that, but I kind of want to keep it, or at least try it as OEM before I go to a fixed sight that may or may not print where I want it to?

Site Supporter
    The rear sight is easily replaced either by oem or a good aftermarket version. Be aware that the defective sight put your nice revolver on the used gun rack. You, sir, had a bit of good luck!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Should be; it's been in their display case for probably close to a year, every time I would go there I'd drool a bit over it and then go look at something else. It's been in there long enough so that it's original price went from MSRP++, to just MSRP, to "hey, that's a good price for it" lol

I'll call them in a few hours and find out for sure. Worse case I'll order one from Brownells or Midway, whenever they get any in stock..
    It's a new gun, so it's under warranty. I'd vote for "make them fix it."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Easy explanation, it is crystal clear that Smith & Wesson put all their best engineering and quality control talent on the new Equalizer!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's a new gun, so it's under warranty. I'd vote for "make them fix it."
    Return label acquired, now to figure out how to get FedEx to take the stupid box..

Everyone used to laugh about the drunken monkeys that Century employed.
    So they never went to rehab and left for greener pastures.

User Tag List