Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Police to get new service weapons following accidental discharges & lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You are conflating "military grade" with high quality / long term durable goods.

Military firearms are consumables. The old model was use them till they are worn out/destroyed and rebuild them. The new model is it's cheaper to have a semi disposable gun. Shoot X number of rounds, throw it away and get another.
    And, given typical service pistol firing schedules for MOST General Purpose Forces, that 20,000 round life span is going to be longer than the careers of darned near anyone who joins the military. I'd be shocked if some of the post WWII 1911s we demilled had more than 10,000 rounds through them in 40+ years or issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You are conflating "military grade" with high quality / long term durable goods.

Military firearms are consumables. The old model was use them till they are worn out/destroyed and rebuild them. The new model is it's cheaper to have a semi disposable gun. Shoot X number of rounds, throw it away and get another.
    That makes sense. I still have a sense that something is amiss from the engineering end. I dont know how else you could explain it. Im not picking on Sig. It seems like several mfgs have similar problems when introducing new platforms.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That makes sense. I still have a sense that something is amiss from the engineering end. I dont know how else you could explain it. Im not picking on Sig. It seems like several mfgs have similar problems when introducing new platforms.
    While we joke about "plastic people poppers," the 320 seems to be a gun designed to go maybe 50k to 60k with proper PMCS ?

Given the problems with M9's and M 249 SAWs in the early GWOT that had been rebuilt one too many times with 3rd party mystery parts maybe a semi disposable pistol is not a bad thing.

"....maybe a semi disposable pistol is not a bad thing".

Yup--isn't that called a Glock?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    "....maybe a semi disposable pistol is not a bad thing".

Yup--isn't that called a Glock?
    That may have been the concept but there are a lot of high round count Glocks out there. At least in 9mm they seem to be 100k or better guns with proper PMCS.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well I guess is a circle of life lol.
    MPD went from Glock to M&P to Sig and back to Glock.
    I’m actually carrying a former MPD M&P at work now Lol.

Whew....glad I stayed away from sig except as an observer.

Haven't seen any real quantifiable advantages over existing vetted options.

For example; are your draw times faster, groups smaller, splits faster?

This is however reminiscent of the M16 adoption so maybe the P320 will go through a few iterations before reaching a pinnacle and becoming Americas handgun.

Bureaucracy is such a killer...
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

"That may have been the concept but there are a lot of high round count Glocks out there. At least in 9mm they seem to be 100k or better guns with proper PMCS."

Yup....seen many high round count G34/17/19 pistols and have a few myself. Minimal maintenance, shoot to failure, get a new one....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Time for a 320 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Whew....glad I stayed away from sig except as an observer.

Haven't seen any real quantifiable advantages over existing vetted options.

For example; are your draw times faster, groups smaller, splits faster?

This is however reminiscent of the M16 adoption so maybe the P320 will go through a few iterations before reaching a pinnacle and becoming Americas handgun.

Bureaucracy is such a killer...

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I hope this video had not been previously posted. I searched and did not find it. I show a group of detectives exiting a car when one of the detectives' P320 fires. The gun is holstered and his hands are full. It is at about the 1:15 mark:

The video is from October 28, 2021.

User Tag List