Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just how accurate can you get with pistol loads?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wow.... Out of what pistol? Optic?

That group was a verification group fired from a Colt 6450 with a Noveske barrel. The OP asked, “how far do you do go for pistol ammo? Just how accurate can you get?” That group is a demonstration of “just how accurate you can get” with 9mm parabellum “pistol ammo.”

If your pistol can’t produce a group like that with that pistol ammo, that means that the pistol is the weak link, not the pistol ammo. As an example, the 10-shot group pictured below was fired from an H&K VP9 at 25 yards using the same pistol ammo as pictured previously. The group has an extreme spread of 1.6”

For another example, the next 10-shot group pictured is a verification group using Federal 9mm Parabellum 124 grain HST fired from the Colt 6450 with the Noveske barrel at 25 yards. The group has an extreme spread of 0.97”

The next 10-shot group fired from 25 yards shows the 124 grain HST fired from an S&W M&P9 with an Apex barrel. This group has an extreme spread of 1.08”

Strictly for kicks and giggles, the statistically insignificant 5-shot group pictured below was fired at a distance of 50 yards using the 124 grain HST fired from the M&P9. The group has an extreme spread of 0.93”

….
    Member of the General Population

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    That group was a verification group fired from a Colt 6450 with a Noveske barrel. The OP asked, “how far do you do go for pistol ammo? Just how accurate can you get?” That group is a demonstration of “just how accurate you can get” with 9mm parabellum “pistol ammo.”

If your pistol can’t produce a group like that with that pistol ammo, that means that the pistol is the weak link, not the pistol ammo. As an example, the 10-shot group pictured below was fired from an H&K VP9 at 25 yards using the same pistol ammo as pictured previously. The group has an extreme spread of 1.6”

For another example, the next 10-shot group pictured is a verification group using Federal 9mm Parabellum 124 grain HST fired from the Colt 6450 with the Noveske barrel at 25 yards. The group has an extreme spread of 0.97”

The next 10-shot group fired from 25 yards shows the 124 grain HST fired from an S&W M&P9 with an Apex barrel. This group has an extreme spread of 1.08”

Strictly for kicks and giggles, the statistically insignificant 5-shot group pictured below was fired at a distance of 50 yards using the 124 grain HST fired from the M&P9. The group has an extreme spread of 0.93”

….
    Sigh...I should get back into M&Ps

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Apex gunsmith fit barrel. That’s the key.

This kind of thing honestly has me consider a fitted barrel for my Glocks if they ever come out with one. M&P’s had a market due to there being a systematic accuracy issue with lots of guns.

Glocks don’t have that same issue and especially after going to Gen 5.

But man - it does seem tempting to know you’re the limit of a gun.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

This kind of thing honestly has me consider a fitted barrel for my Glocks if they ever come out with one. M&P’s had a market due to there being a systematic accuracy issue with lots of guns.

Glocks don’t have that same issue and especially after going to Gen 5.

But man - it does seem tempting to know you’re the limit of a gun.
    Oh yes I had one that my brother now owns. It was an old PD trade in M&P40 that I got an Apex gunsmith fit conversion barrel.

With just remington 115gr ammo at 20 yards, it shoots far beyond my ability.

I had a different M&P with a KKM thay was similarly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    That group was a verification group fired from a Colt 6450 with a Noveske barrel.
    Cool idea to do load development/confirmation with the carbine...

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Oh yes I had one that my brother now owns. It was an old PD trade in M&P40 that I got an Apex gunsmith fit conversion barrel.
    I have done a couple of the Semi Drop-In barrels, but cannot see well enough to know what they can do. I now have a SRO on a 5", and plan to do some testing against the factory barrel, but the barrel is on backorder currently. I am not in a tiz for it, the 5" factory gun seems to be shooting well enough. I haven't actually tested it on a bench, but after just bore sighting it has been hitting things I shoot at.

User Tag List