Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 38 years and out

Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    So today I turned in my shield after 38 years in the biggest city it was a wild ride. I’m not happy with they way I had to leave but looking back over the last year it was time. I was trying to make it to 40 years but it was not ment to be, sooo 38 years will have to do.
    I did 27 1/2, over a 29 year period. I wasn't ready to retire, but my body sure was. I retired in 2017 and the medical community has been trying to to fix and put my body back together ever since I retired. I just had my 5th surgery since 2020......

We had front row seats to the best show in America!! We had to see and do things no person should ever have to see or do. We did it and became the one's our friends, families, departments and communities depended on. We learned to control our laughs and our cries. We retired with the appreciation and respect from those who's opinions really mattered.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy your retirement because you have earned it!!

Wow 41 years good on ya. Thank you Sir. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything I just refused to get the shot so I had to retire or be fired.
    Da-n these idiots. That shot doesn't prevent getting, transmitting covid, or dying from covid. All it does is make the symptoms less severe and even that is difficult to prove. And I just (10 min ago) read about a study that points to the jab causing various blood clotting problems in old folks. Ruining your career over this crap is despicable. I am sorry to see this and wish you all the best in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
    I did 27 1/2, over a 29 year period. I wasn't ready to retire, but my body sure was. I retired in 2017 and the medical community has been trying to to fix and put my body back together ever since I retired. I just had my 5th surgery since 2020......

We had front row seats to the best show in America!! We had to see and do things no person should ever have to see or do. We did it and became the one's our friends, families, departments and communities depended on. We learned to control our laughs and our cries. We retired with the appreciation and respect from those who's opinions really mattered.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy your retirement because you have earned it!!
    I hope you are healing so you can enjoy your retirement pain free. You certainly earned it my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Da-n these idiots. That shot doesn't prevent getting, transmitting covid, or dying from covid. All it does is make the symptoms less severe and even that is difficult to prove. And I just (10 min ago) read about a study that points to the jab causing various blood clotting problems in old folks. Ruining your career over this crap is despicable. I am sorry to see this and wish you all the best in your future.
    I knew it all along it wasn’t an actual vax. It just confirmed my suspension, hence why I didn’t take and elected to retire.

I knew it all along it wasn’t an actual vax. It just confirmed my suspension, hence why I didn’t take and elected to retire.
    When I retired, my stress level dropped. My wife commented one day that my face even showed less stress and that I actually looked younger. LOL!!!

I've also realized I enjoy more of what life ahs to offer than when I was working. I don't think the hyper awareness will ever go away (and frankly I am glad for this). But I realize my current position is to be the very best witness I can be, right up to the point where innocent people get seriously hurt.

I am fortunate enough to live on a pond. Recent health problems put a pause to my workout routine. So I started fishing the pond. It is a fantastic stress reliever-should have tried fishing years ago!! LOL!!!

User Tag List