Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 38 years and out

38 years and out

So today I turned in my shield after 38 years in the biggest city it was a wild ride. I’m not happy with they way I had to leave but looking back over the last year it was time. I was trying to make it to 40 years but it was not ment to be, sooo 38 years will have to do.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully it works out for the best in your case. Good luck in the next chapter in your life.
    Still on the clock with 41 years in. No immediate plans to pull the pin. I have been blessed beyond measure.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Hopefully it works out for the best in your case. Good luck in the next chapter in your life.
    Still on the clock with 41 years in. No immediate plans to pull the pin. I have been blessed beyond measure.
    Wow 41 years good on ya. Thank you Sir. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything I just refused to get the shot so I had to retire or be fired.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    Wow 41 years good on ya. Thank you Sir. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything I just refused to get the shot so I had to retire or be fired.
    Lord, have mercy, that sucks hugely.
    Best of luck to you!

Site Supporter
    I had hoped to make forty as well, but also was forced out at thirty-eight. Good luck in the future.

Congrats on putting in the time...and earning a well deserved retirement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Congrats on your retirement!

Congratulations on making it to retirement!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    I can't say that I blame you. I've had two friends suffer strokes in the last year and had the shot. Nobody can figure out why it happened.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Congratulations!

That is one heck of a run. I hope the next chapter is just as fun and/or rewarding.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List