Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: There are new Arsenal Strike One pistols available

PTR is now the importer of the Archon Type B. They're bringing in Gen 1 and Gen 2 pistols. The difference appears to solely be in the grip module. The G1 is the standard with the sort of scales traction that's supposed to provide more friction as the gun recoilds. The G2 has a sort of pebbled texture. The grip itself can be lengthen or shortened by adding a clip-on grip extension. The extension is kind of like a magazine boot but goes on the frame and not on the magazine.

I think the plan is to phase out the import guns in favor of guns produced by PTR. Will these be 100% US made or just the serialized parts?

The Archon appears to be some kind of close cousin to the Strike One. They use the same mags and use the AF Speed Lock locking block. I wonder what other parts might interchange.

I hope PTR can pull these off. The Type B seems like a neat gun.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Seems like a good historical overview

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Seems like a good historical overview
    Informative, but the features list seems to swing back and forth even between gen 1- gen 2 and A vs B. Gen 2 now has dovetailed sights as an improvement, but the gen 2 base model does not. Nothing that addresses findings and changes to reliability, even though there were some clear improvements from the Strike one to Type B.

No updates on parts availability or customer support improvements. Not sure why people would want to invest in the platform, especially the $$$ Ergal when there is no solid company behind the guns. Jimmy from Rain 6 seems to be one of the very few faces associated with the company but he is only a part of the retail end and nothing to do with support. Seems odd that even he did not have some of the guns in hand to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by porkster View Post
    Informative, but the features list seems to swing back and forth even between gen 1- gen 2 and A vs B. Gen 2 now has dovetailed sights as an improvement, but the gen 2 base model does not. Nothing that addresses findings and changes to reliability, even though there were some clear improvements from the Strike one to Type B.

No updates on parts availability or customer support improvements. Not sure why people would want to invest in the platform, especially the $$$ Ergal when there is no solid company behind the guns. Jimmy from Rain 6 seems to be one of the very few faces associated with the company but he is only a part of the retail end and nothing to do with support. Seems odd that even he did not have some of the guns in hand to talk about.
    The video has a rather impromptu feel. He had ideas of what he wanted to cover but also added some additional thoughts that make the video seem a little disjointed. Still, I like that he was able to cover some of the changes we've seen in these guns over the 10-12 years it has been around.

Spare parts and other support will definitely be a make-or-break here. I think what seemed to have happened previously is small importers who were unable to maintain supply chains. COVID lock downs likely didn't help. Hopefully PTR can be more of a force in this regard. And if and when production shifts to the US none of this will be an issue.

One thing I'm personally not clear on is the relationship between the Strike One and the Arcchon. I had assumed these were two different guns made by two different companies. The Archon was made primarily for the US and was then brought in my a different importer? Is it the same gun as the Arsenal Strike Two and the Stryk B?

Same holds true into the present market. Is the Strike One imported into Florida from the same source(s) as the Type B being imported by PTR? It just doesn't seem to be very efficient for a company to make what's sort of a standard and then pro model of the same gun then depend on two different supply lines and importers. Especially into the same country. ???

Site Supporter
    No knowledge about the situation presently, but this arbitration agreement should be informative about some of the history behind the weird availability on the US Market.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/nv...115479194.html

Personally I think it's a really cool pistol and look forward to seeing them more available.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    My LGS actually had Archon Type-B on the shelf. It had the gen-1 “grip map” texture—which felt pretty good to me. The ergos—in terms of trigger reach and overall grip proportions—were excellent for my hands. You feel like you can really get “into” the gun… it sits low in the hand and aims/points instinctively. Trigger was good—a touch of light, smooth creep/squish before a crisp break.

I liked it. And I kinda want it.

I actually just “impulse traded” another gun to a Steyr M9 A2 (which, strangely, is one of the most relevant comparisons to the Archon) and I honestly liked the feel of the Archon better. I mean, both are SAOy striker-fired guns with no safety… not exactly my comfort zone… but they’re “intriguingly different” pistols which I’m very curious about. I haven’t shot either one. Hope to get the Steyr out this weekend.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

I watched one or two SHOT 2024 videos about the new PTR Type B imports. I didn't see anything there about maybe the Type D or any long or short slide versions. Maybe I missed this news or wasn't paying enough attention.

Has anyone seen SHOT news on the Strike One? Any plans for that gun that we haven't seen yet?

Nice photo bomb by the Rain 6 guy. Lol!

User Tag List