Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 15

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    You'd see a 15 or 15-x there if it was a later gun. Nice Combat Masterpiece. Have fun finding out how very much it earns the name.

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

You'll shoot it and realize how easy everything is. It'll settle in your grasp like it belongs there, practically begging to stack bullets. The sight picture of any automatic ever made will no longer satisfy your desires. You'll trip over smooth, well worn leather, the siren song will draw you and it'll just be there on your belt. Just where it belongs.
    😂😂 Im glad I could bring some humor into your life! Wait are you talking like floral embossed holsters from El Paso gunleather!! Omg what have I done.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    The rear sight mounting screw (the tiny one up front) needs to be tightened down.

Is it marked Model 15? That looks like a pre-number Combat Masterpiece to me.

Very nice.
    Ok you are correct. I can push the front sight down into the groove. I checked and one sideplate screw and the cylinder release screw I can turn with a finger nail. Glad you brought this up before i took it out shooting and lost a screw.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    ...Omg what have I done.
    We accept you, we accept you - one of us, one of us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1q2F_18cjg

Model 15s are awesome!

Without question my favorite K Frame.

Years ago I picked mine up used out of a pawn shop. I immediately went down to the local indoor range. Sitting down behind the sand bags, and making no sight adjustments, the Model 15 shot 5 for 5 into the x and 10 ring at 15 yards. I had never had a gun do that before. That old Combat Masterpiece has been a favorite since then. Just so very easy to shoot well, and perfect balance.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    /
    Looks like a Combat Masterpiece. IIRC, "K-38" was the designation for the 6" target gun. It's easily worth what you paid for it. You did well.

(I have a Model 15 no dash, for which I was once offered $800.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

It's a beaut

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    /
    Looks like a Combat Masterpiece. IIRC, "K-38" was the designation for the 6" target gun. It's easily worth what you paid for it. You did well.

(I have a Model 15 no dash, for which I was once offered $800.)
    Thanks for the education. Im even more excited now than when I bought it. Another forum member just pm’d me and said the hammer was introduced in 1946 and HCM said production was stopped in 1948 so Ive got a pretty good idea of the age. He also gave me a very helpful tip on how to get the stocks off without damaging them and check if they are numbered to the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Model 15s are awesome!

Without question my favorite K Frame.

Years ago I picked mine up used out of a pawn shop. I immediately went down to the local indoor range. Sitting down behind the sand bags, and making no sight adjustments, the Model 15 shot 5 for 5 into the x and 10 ring at 15 yards. I had never had a gun do that before. That old Combat Masterpiece has been a favorite since then. Just so very easy to shoot well, and perfect balance.

You know a lot of this can be blamed on you and several others on this forum. When my Son asked me why I bought it I said “Why to shoot jack rabbits in the head of course” 😂 Im in KY I dont think Ive ever seen a jackrabbit.

@UNK My copy of the standard catalog of S&W shows the serial to be 1948. What side are the barrel markings, and is there both “38 S&W Special CTG” as well as “Smith and Wesson” on the other? I can’t tell from the photos on my ipad. The book says that production started in 1949, which doesn’t quite match the serial, or HCM’s informed comments above. Regardless, the sideplate screws date it to before 1955. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    @UNK My copy of the standard catalog of S&W shows the serial to be 1948. What side are the barrel markings, and is there both “38 S&W Special CTG” as well as “Smith and Wesson” on the other? I can’t tell from the photos on my ipad. The book says that production started in 1949, which doesn’t quite match the serial, or HCM’s informed comments above. Regardless, the sideplate screws date it to before 1955. FWIW.
    Yes it has both those markings on the barrel.
    Smith and Wesson is on the left side 38 Special CTG is on the right.

User Tag List