Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Model 15

Thanks to @Totem Polar for the age on the gun. Hes got it at 1953 based on the serial number.
    Another forum member has noted the reason for the price is that it has most likely been refinished.
    Apparently the hammer should be case hardened and its blued, he also noted that around the side plate screws the side plate appears recessed a bit. Actuall now Im a bit relieved because I wanted a shooter and hopefully range day will prove that out.
    Thanks for all the help and the comments folks.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I hope in the next life my Model 15-3 comes with me.

It is my pride and joy. Oh I have more modern and valuable pistols, but my 15-3 is by far my favorite. It shoots like a dream, and makes me feel good when I shoot it.

I am a fan of the M15, the snubnose M15.
    Got two. Need to go shoot them again soon.

They were a feature of Police Pistol Combat snubnose
    matches.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    I am a fan of the M15, the snubnose M15.
    Got two. Need to go shoot them again soon.

They were a feature of Police Pistol Combat snubnose
    matches.
    Those are cool. Someone posted one or a pair they had a long time ago I cant remember who it was. I think it was when DB was still posting.

The 2" M15's are pretty cool. I bought mine after reading about them in Chuck Taylor's "Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery," 4th edition:

They do tend to be quite accurate:

@UNK Congrats on a great find! In my opinion, anyways, the five screw S&W K frames are at the apex of S&W revolver production. Our Pre-15 Combat Masterpiece is a family favorite. Almost regret giving it my stepson in his handgun 'hope chest' when he was old enough to legally own handguns :-)
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I passed on a snub 15 a few years back, and have majorly regretted it since.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    @UNK Congrats on a great find! In my opinion, anyways, the five screw S&W K frames are at the apex of S&W revolver production. Our Pre-15 Combat Masterpiece is a family favorite. Almost regret giving it my stepson in his handgun 'hope chest' when he was old enough to legally own handguns :-)
    What a lucky lad. My kids will go shoot with me but they dont seem real interested in going on their own. Kind of breaks my heart a little. Especially because we always went shooting when they were younger. I guess I shouldnt complain at least they are not libtards.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    What a lucky lad. My kids will go shoot with me but they dont seem real interested in going on their own. Kind of breaks my heart a little. Especially because we always went shooting when they were younger. I guess I shouldnt complain at least they are not libtards.
    Been lucky there. Stepson loves shooting. We had family range time this weekend and he had the pre-15 and K-22 out teaching his girlfriend to shoot. Cleaning shooting irons afterwards, he started angling to trade back one of the hope chest for one of my 1917's. A little surpised but maybe shouldn't be. He never much seemed to enjoy shooting the old boomers but a lot of quality time was spent over the years loading and unloading moon clips while jawing on anything and everything under then sun. He has a strong sentimental streak and I'm sure it's at play. Gotta ponder whether to make the trade now :-)
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I need a 15-3 to go with my 18-3

LET'S GO BRANDON!

User Tag List