Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 15

Model 15

I stumbled on a model 15 online at what I thought was a good price so I bought it. It looks to be an older model.
    The ejection rod is not enclosed, the firing pin floats on the hammer and the T grip has Tyler markings.
    Its also got the target trigger and stop and a target hammer. Just a bit of bluing wear around the muzzle.
    Its in pretty good shape overall I think. This is my first revolver that is not a J frame so Im a bit excited about it. Its just going to be used at the range Im not going to carry it. I blame this purchase on all you enabling PFers.
    Whats really worrisome is Im afraid the wife is going to claim it. Shes already dry fired it and asked to go to the range tomorrow.
    Since whatever I buy now will eventually be passed on, and since this is an older gun I thought it might be a good idea to purchase any spare parts for it now if I can find them.
    The question is what should I keep in inventory to ensure this gun will be able to run through the next generation.
    Thanks in advance

Name:  140A132A-5324-4724-8ED9-4C2D39A846D6.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  48.6 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Also does this sight seem original? See how it hangs over a bit?
    Name:  381F1760-62D5-4C41-8324-8B2F07DE1832.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  31.5 KB
    Name:  5F9E9E5F-E625-4CFA-ABD9-72673FE4286B.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  32.3 KB

Very Nice! WhenI bought a used Model 64, the cylinder was a little loose. Replacing the clearly worn cylinder stop, and not so clearly worn gas ring tightened the cylinder dramatically.

Numrich is my one stop shop for older pistols: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...lvers-sw/15-sw

P.S. My wife has a habit of claiming my guns as well. 🤷🏼

The rear sight mounting screw (the tiny one up front) needs to be tightened down.

Is it marked Model 15? That looks like a pre-number Combat Masterpiece to me.

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    The rear sight mounting screw (the tiny one up front) needs to be tightened down.

Is it marked Model 15? That looks like a pre-number Combat Masterpiece to me.

Very nice.
    The guys at the gunstore who transferred it called it a model 15. I just looked at the paperwork where I bought it from
    and it says K38 and the serial starts with a K.
    Looking at parts from the above post some of them have an “after year xxxx” disclaimer. I really dont know much about revolvers but the $525 price looked good.
    Last edited by UNK; 11-06-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    The guys at the gunstore who transferred it called it a model 15. I just looked at the paperwork where I bought it from
    and it says K38 and the serial starts with a K.
    Looking at parts from the above post some of them have an “after year xxxx” disclaimer. I really dont know much about revolvers but the $525 price looked good.
    A picture of the other side of the gun would be helpful. Is there a model number stamped on the frame under the yoke?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    That is a K-38 “combat masterpiece” it pre dates model numbers. They are nice guns.

It should shoot fine but it’s a collectible gun. Looking at the Hammer it appears to be a long action gun made sometime between the end of WWII and the transition to the short action in 1948.

Parts will not be easy to find. Casual use should be fine. If you want a hard use high volume shooter I’d suggest picking up something newer- maybe in stainless steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A picture of the other side of the gun would be helpful. Is there a model number stamped on the frame under the yoke?
    Name:  98FBEB14-B450-45D5-A716-93513FED9389.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  8FB991EE-3673-425A-917E-990C4D6DB6F4.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  36.1 KB

Name:  67CFE30E-00F8-478E-856A-C188685E6A11.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  31.9 KB

You'd see a 15 or 15-x there if it was a later gun. Nice Combat Masterpiece. Have fun finding out how very much it earns the name.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    ...Its just going to be used at the range Im not going to carry it....
    This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

You'll shoot it and realize how easy everything is. It'll settle in your grasp like it belongs there, practically begging to stack bullets. The sight picture of any automatic ever made will no longer satisfy your desires. You'll trip over smooth, well worn leather, the siren song will draw you and it'll just be there on your belt. Just where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is a K-38 “combat masterpiece” it pre dates model numbers. They are nice guns.

It should shoot fine but it’s a collectible gun. Looking at the Hammer it appears to be a long action gun made sometime between the end of WWII and the transition to the short action in 1948.

Parts will not be easy to find. Casual use should be fine. If you want a hard use high volume shooter I’d suggest picking up something newer- maybe in stainless steel.
    Thats pretty cool info thanks. I had no idea its collectable. I was planning on shooting wadcutters or ball in SA.
    Most older revolvers I see are usually $800 plus and since it was quite a bit less I bought it mainly on price and adjustable sights.

User Tag List