Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult Fidget Spinner

Site Supporter

Adult Fidget Spinner

I was ordering some kitchen cutlery for SWMBO's Christmas present when I stumbled across SMKW's exclusive Boker Plus balisong (the carbon fiber and blue hardware is specific to the SMKW version). It's been a few years since I last bought myself a knife and I wanted something fun. I had to have it, so it got added to the cart.

The blade is D2 and razor sharp. The point is like a needle. I'm far from being even slightly skilled at flipping, but it seems smooth. It utilizes sandwich construction with bushings rather than bearings, but at least has a spring latch. What can you expect for $90 though.

My inner 80's kid is smiling.

ETA: Made in the USA too!

Name:  1106221206.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  23.1 KB

Chris
    Last edited by mtnbkr; 11-06-2022 at 12:24 PM.

That is very cool!

That would keep a guy entertain for hours.

Speaking of "adult fidget spinners", I always thought of this as sort of one:

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That is very cool!

That would keep a guy entertain for hours.

Speaking of "adult fidget spinners", I always thought of this as sort of one:

I just do this:

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I was ordering some kitchen cutlery for SWMBO's Christmas present when I stumbled across SMKW's exclusive Boker Plus balisong (the carbon fiber and blue hardware is specific to the SMKW version). It's been a few years since I last bought myself a knife and I wanted something fun. I had to have it, so it got added to the cart.

The blade is D2 and razor sharp. The point is like a needle. I'm far from being even slightly skilled at flipping, but it seems smooth. It utilizes sandwich construction with bushings rather than bearings, but at least has a spring latch. What can you expect for $90 though.

My inner 80's kid is smiling.

ETA: Made in the USA too!

Name:  1106221206.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  23.1 KB

Chris
    Oh hell yeah.

Let’s see here, what do I got for dis…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Oh hell yeah.

Let’s see here, what do I got for dis…

I love that movie, Diane Lane was extra smoking hot in that one.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Back in the late 80's, when me and my buddies practically lived at the Army Surplus store, I snagged a pretty cool looking one with a tanto blade.

Which lasted right until the moment my mom saw it, and made me take it right back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My dad had a butterfly knife in his desk drawer when I was a kid. I think he ended up giving it away to a friend that helped him with a project. Maybe I should get one for my desk drawer 😁
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I traded off my last Bali song a few years ago...
    the band aid / butterfly bill was pretty high.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back in the late 80's, when me and my buddies practically lived at the Army Surplus store, I snagged a pretty cool looking one with a tanto blade.

Which lasted right until the moment my mom saw it, and made me take it right back.
    Moms.

BTW, I got the "mom eye-roll" from my wife when she saw what I bought this time.

As a punk-ass kid in the mid 80s, I had my share of cheap ones traded among friends. For reasons I can't explain, my favorite one was a little brass handled "keychain" version with a blade that couldn't have been more than 2" long. It used pinned construction and of course the original pins got lose and it came apart. I replaced them with little tacks that I peened. It actually worked well and held together better than the original press-fit pins.

Later on, in early HS ('88 IIRC), I had a larger model that was likely a cheap knock-off of a BM42. I traded that one for a cheap OTF that I promptly ruined by taking it apart to see if I could get rid of the annoying blade wobble (why I don't have OTFs today).

I have a long history with dodgy knives...

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I traded off my last Bali song a few years ago...
    the band aid / butterfly bill was pretty high.
    That is certainly a concern. If I start getting aggressive in my flipping, I may just cover the edge with a bit of painters tape. A trainer would have probably been a more reasonable purchase given my intended use, but those aren't as cool as a live edge. Nor did they come with CF handles and blue hardware.

Chris

User Tag List