Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A new EDC TQ

Quote Originally Posted by ben_flux_snakestaff View Post
    This is exactly the purpose of the ETQ, and our company, Snakestaff Systems. We don't care what brand you choose, we just want to convince as many people as possible to start carrying TQs and training with them. Making it easy and convenient with our own products will help accomplish that goal.

Blood loss is the leading cause of preventable accidental death, tons of people die this way every year, and if we were more prepared, we could be ready to save lives.
    Ben,
    Thanks for your input in the last few posts. I love to see involvement from companies behind products, especially when it is obvious they aren't just trying to make a buck.

Any chance you could give us a heads up on when you expect to have more in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Ben,
    Thanks for your input in the last few posts. I love to see involvement from companies behind products, especially when it is obvious they aren't just trying to make a buck.

Any chance you could give us a heads up on when you expect to have more in stock?
    Friday per IG.

Ive been seeing these in my YouTube feed and was going to ask if anyone has experience with them.

I love the idea of a compact TQ. No high speed guy, but IMO unless the windlass breaks or can’t be locked, this thing will be better than the nothing 95% of the folks carry. I have 2 CAtS in my range bag and car, but 95% if the time I’m out and about a TQ isnt with me. I’ve recently added a CAT to my Enigma set up and it’s bulky, uncomfortable and tends to catch clothing and print. SOFTW would be easier, but have yet to find a pouch that works with it.

If this can fit into a regular mag pouch, it will make carrying a TQ no brainer easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ben_flux_snakestaff , do you have any testing data, third party or otherwise, you could share with us? Or perhaps testimonials?

I'm sorry if I missed it on the website.

Thanks for taking the time to come here and interact.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Ben,

I think its good to be tapped into the reception, questions people have, and particularly the feedback. And it is helpful for everyone else to be able to communicate directly with those designing the gear. I think it is one of the things that set us apart, we are users ourselves, and we pay attention.

Yep, until we announce otherwise, we are doing weekly restocks, every Friday at 12 PM MDT, and we will just be increasing the quantities as our manufacturers are able to. Hadn't intended to sell out like that, but it is awesome to see so many people want to start carrying TQs, as that is the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    @ben_flux_snakestaff , do you have any testing data, third party or otherwise, you could share with us? Or perhaps testimonials?

I'm sorry if I missed it on the website.

Thanks for taking the time to come here and interact.
    We don't think it is particularly valuable to share our own data, as it's just not really what people want - as hard as we worked against our bias, we are biased, and it's just not convincing if coming from the company who made the product.

So we are working on getting third party testing done, which is a little difficult, because we can't pay for it and inflict bias that way.

We have sent over 100 out to many different people for as much independent testing as possible, with no instruction from us, so hopefully tests and reviews start popping up. Someone on an FB EDC forum tested them at his clinic on 4 different people, a bunch of times, and it went very well. We have also sent them to a couple members of CoTCCC.

And awesomely, a badass dude here contacted us and is going to do a study, which is exactly what everyone needs and wants. CoTCCC won't even look at a TQ until there is data on it, as they don't do testing themselves, so this study is exciting.

We also have a couple SOF groups throwing them into their live tissue training, so we should get good info from there, but not likely to be publishable, due to the nasty nature of that training.

Testimonials is a great idea - we have a plan to gather real world use data, and I they may count as testimonials: if anyone uses their TQ in a real world setting, we will trade them a new replacement for the story/details. Everyone wins. Buy once, bleed once, or something?

I think its good to be tapped into the reception, questions people have, and particularly the feedback. And it is helpful for everyone else to be able to communicate directly with those designing the gear. I think it is one of the things that set us apart, we are users ourselves, and we pay attention.

Yep, until we announce otherwise, we are doing weekly restocks, every Friday at 12 PM MDT, and we will just be increasing the quantities as our manufacturers are able to. Hadn't intended to sell out like that, but it is awesome to see so many people want to start carrying TQs, as that is the goal.
    Ben just to restate what I said on IG, I think you guys did a great job managing some particularly cunty people that got butt-hurt when they didn't hit the button quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Ben just to restate what I said on IG, I think you guys did a great job managing some particularly cunty people that got butt-hurt when they didn't hit the button quick enough.
    Haha, thanks dude. It always sucks when people say stupid shit like "hype beast drop culture" when we had a marketing budget of around $1500 and a hundred times that on dev, and we would love to sell them to as many people as possible - its just super hard to anticipate demand on a brand new product, particularly from a brand new company. The idea of restricting sales is antithetical to our mission to get TQs everywhere and just business in general. But I try and see their point of view when responding, and I think that helps.

Haha, thanks dude. It always sucks when people say stupid shit like "hype beast drop culture" when we had a marketing budget of around $1500 and a hundred times that on dev, and we would love to sell them to as many people as possible - its just super hard to anticipate demand on a brand new product, particularly from a brand new company. The idea of restricting sales is antithetical to our mission to get TQs everywhere and just business in general. But I try and see their point of view when responding, and I think that helps.
    Kudos to you sir. You have way more patience than I do.

Hey, good thoughts, here are some responses:
    Thank you for the reply and the dialogue.

In our testing, the windlass is only harder for the initial first twist, but overall it is not more difficult to actually occlude blood flow. The time when its difficult to turn a windlass is one handed application, and ours is actually easier, the length doesn't really apply, as one's hand isn't big enough to take advantage of the longer lever of a longer windlass, unless you are grabbing only one end.
    In two-handed non-complicated application windlass length isn't impactful. In single-handed complex application one of the struggle points of students is hitting the gate/clip/tri-ring, especially if the windlass has ridden low on the ribbon and/or the student has smaller hands or less strength or dexterity. Your design has two things going on that occur to me... The gate into your retention clip looks comparatively small, and you have less windlass length to leverage to retention. Doesn't make the TQ a no-go, but is an expected training and performance variable.

I also keep in mind that your intent is a minimal footprint, so this variable is likely an acceptable compromise.

Yes, you can fold it/stage it in many different ways, including the same as the CAT. It comes in our preferred staged form, and we have tested every one we can think of. Having carried multiple on my person for a year and a half, I have never had issues with the hook and loop filling with debris. I can see that being a potential issue for duty carry, say with mud or snow, or simply making noise, but that is why we recommend carrying them in certain ways. The way they come is optimal from our perspective, but we are more than open to finding alternate or even better methods.
    Thanks.

We are aware that currently chemlights have their specific uses, and they are not found on TQs. That said, we believe it is a value add, and it is optional for those who don't want it, just take it out or break it when you first get it. For civilians, it has three potential benefits: first responders will more quickly/easily find and ID casualties and that a TQ is applied and where if that TQ is glowing. Second, in an emergency, should there be little to no other source of light, the chem light provides enough light to work by and apply the TQ. Third, if you are out in the boonies, it is much more likely for search and rescue to locate you if you are literally emitting light. We see absolutely no downside to the user for this, except for in case of LE/MIL, but that is why we also have a MIL version that has an IR chemlight, providing really good IR light to work by and marking casualties. Again, if you don't want it, just remove it or activate it. Every single decision, including ones that many people would deem unimportant, is weighed by "Would this make it more likely to save a life or not?"
    I don't think this has the effect you believe, but I would expect no harm.

Thanks for your input!
    Likewise.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List