Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: A new EDC TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    This is why I rarely buy new products right after they're released into the wild because issues do crop up. Within 2-3 years we get gen2 and gen3 models that address the issues.
    This is where I tend to land most of the time, probably doubly so when it comes to medical/defensive stuff.

FWIW, I've been fairly impressed how Ben has handled the criticism. That's a hard game in today's internet.

Are they still quasi-unobtanium?
    Last edited by Joe S; 02-03-2023 at 08:37 PM.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

I was finally able to get a few, with today's drop. Thanks for the apple pay tip, guys!

I'll see if it's something that I can trust, but for the most part, it will be 100 times better than the NOTHING i carry now

Picked up 2, happy to check these out.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Snagged one to try.

Just got a couple! Gonna give one to my daughter. She's a pediatric nurse and has kiddoes so it should be right up her alley.

FWIW, I ordered on Wednesday around 1:30, and had my TQ in the mail the very next day. I'm sure it helps that I am within an hours drive of the seller, but that is impressively fast shipping.

It is indeed very small. Well packaged, if you desire to leave it in the plastic. I have not played with it yet. If these get the nod from the larger medical community, I could see picking up a few of each size to keep around.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I ran into some negative comments on these tourniquets. My apologies if these videos have been posted earlier:

Looking at the comments, it seems this reviewers experience with this tourniquets is atypical. Still, I thought it would be good for people to know about.
    Not being a TQ SME I haven't had much to say aside from when I tried out mine (regular ETQ) I did not have his issues but maybe I didn't try hard enough.
    However, I do feel qualified to address one small issue he had regarding the windlass and it's supposed inability to be properly stored away for pocket carry.
    My son bought mine for me and also purchased the storage sleeve to go with it. At $15 for a simple elastic sleeve I feel it is definitely overpriced but it does work great for storing, protecting, and staging the TQ. And it holds the windlass securely in the vertical position and out of the clasp which that dude claims cannot be done. Mine has ridden in my back pocket every day and has yet to shift around. I am also sure there are easily many other sleeves or pouches out there that would work just as well for this purpose.
    If you're gonna bash something make sure your arguments are legitimate or you lose your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Not being a TQ SME I haven't had much to say aside from when I tried out mine (regular ETQ) I did not have his issues but maybe I didn't try hard enough.
    However, I do feel qualified to address one small issue he had regarding the windlass and it's supposed inability to be properly stored away for pocket carry.
    My son bought mine for me and also purchased the storage sleeve to go with it. At $15 for a simple elastic sleeve I feel it is definitely overpriced but it does work great for storing, protecting, and staging the TQ. And it holds the windlass securely in the vertical position and out of the clasp which that dude claims cannot be done. Mine has ridden in my back pocket every day and has yet to shift around. I am also sure there are easily many other sleeves or pouches out there that would work just as well for this purpose.
    If you're gonna bash something make sure your arguments are legitimate or you lose your credibility.
    I have always used a produce rubber band to keep my TQs together: adds no bulk, let's me color code them if I need, will expand if I want to bundle it with an Israeli bandage or gauze, and I can just rip/tear the thing right off if I need.

It doesn't look very super duper operator guy, but works for me.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

This is the one that was in the diaper bag:

Name:  20230212_173401.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  67.7 KB

User Tag List