Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: A new EDC TQ

Been carrying the wide version since the second week they came out. No problems yet with them getting beat up carrying in my front pocket.

Okay, over the weekend, I got the ones I just ordered, with carriers.

After applying one to my arm several times, my first impressions:
    • I couldn't find a way to keep the Velcro from sticking to itself when applying the tourniquet, and it really slowed down applying it properly. I need more practice.
    • I tried applying it like I do a CAT or SOF-T, with it tight enough to slip two fingers between the tourniquet and the arm, and I couldn't cinch down the windlass enough to where I couldn't feel a pulse on my wrist. So I read the instructions, and they said to apply it tight and then take turns on the windlass, which produced better results.
    • The windlass is short and challenging to manipulate.
    • I couldn't fold it back up as tightly and compactly as it was when I opened the package to play with it. After working with it for a while I opened the package of one the other tourniquets and studied how it was all folded up, and after struggling for a while I got it "close" but not as nice. It'd be nice if the manufacturer would put a video or photo montage of how to fold it up compactly like they do when they ship it to you, so it fits in the carrier better.
    • It carries very well in a cargo pocket of my Duluth Fire Hose Flex shorts. I don't notice it's there.

Any updates on these? I have some FSA money I need to burn.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

User Tag List