Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Unholy Union of Blade-Tech and Safariland

This has my attention.

The BT set appears substantially stronger than the QLS. And bonus, it is far less expensive.

But, I already own a lot of QLS. And everyone in my agency is using QLS... so I would be the odd man out in this attachment.

QLS has a long track record, and the BT is new.

I am definitely interested, just may not be an early adopter.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This has my attention.

The BT set appears substantially stronger than the QLS. And bonus, it is far less expensive.

But, I already own a lot of QLS. And everyone in my agency is using QLS... so I would be the odd man out in this attachment.

QLS has a long track record, and the BT is new.

I am definitely interested, just may not be an early adopter.
    It's always wise to wait and see. In this case, I think we are officially past the early adopter phase as the initial batch was recalled and replaced for the first buyers. There was a 5-month gap from the recall time to where the product was available for purchase again, during which time obvious changes were made. I think the product is squared away now, although it will be a tough road for LE adoption because of varying agency policies and Safariland voiding their warranty when third party components are used. If your agency is heavily invested in QLS, it's to your benefit to stay with it for commonality. The only real downside to the QLS is difficulty defeating Safariland's built in holster cant, which is a product of what Pat Mac would call institutional inbreeding. I think for competition and individuals not bound by any policy, the tek-mount is going to take hold in a big way.

User Tag List