Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about taking advantage of a Gun Buyback.

I tried to talk a buddy who has a 3d printer into the lower buyback thing. He said he didnt have time for it. Id take the 20k in gift cards any day. Heck take the cards buy several printers and print boxes of them for the next buyback.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Might want to get on it.

Lamont suggests making 'grandfathered' assault weapons illegal.

https://www.ctpost.com/politics/arti...n-17556811.php
    They can sit on their laws and rotate. F them!

This is no surprise.

Everyone said Registration leads to CONFISCATION!

Fellow Nutmegger here.

If you decide to cash it in with the hoplophobes in Cheshire, make sure you get a legitimate looking receipt for your firearm.

If the governor gets his wish and does a future mass confiscation of registered "assault weapons" it would be good to CYA with some paperwork so you don't end up with a criminal record. A paper identifying the gun by serial number signed by the police chief is more plausible than claiming you lost the gun in a "boating accident".

There are a lot of bewildered folks who are angry at gun owners in Connecticut. We need to be careful not to step on a dog turd these days

Good luck with whatever you decide

Edit to add: You might want to remove the firing pin before handing it in to the authorities. Extra measure of safety in case the police chief looses track of the pistol while waiting for the iron worker to beat it into a farming implement.
    Last edited by UpDok; 11-04-2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: firing pin
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    You might want to remove the firing pin before handing it in to the authorities. Extra measure of safety in case the police chief looses track of the pistol while waiting for the iron worker to beat it into a farming implement.
    I like this idea, but while the event will accept any guns, they will only pay out for guns in working condition, whatever their interpretation of that is.

I’m in a similar boat with a JLD Enterprises PTR-91 that I bought prior to Sandy Hook. I have no real need or desire for it, but the PITA of selling it out of state keeps it in the safe. I’ll be damned if it’s going to a buy back, though. I completely understand your rationale, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As an aside, I really wonder where they find the cops to work these events. I work alongside CT cops every day and have done so for the better part of two decades and I have yet to find one blatantly anti-gun. Dunno.

When you turn it in, keep the magazine and any other bits that might be worth something. Or take a bunch of parts off just to be honery and post on social media about turning in a legally owned, non-functional gun for $250.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I sold a gun to get something newer and I regret getting rid of that gun.

I’ll never do that again.

So dumb of me.

User Tag List