Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus

If I had tinnitus, I would give this a try: Lipo-Flavonoid (besides a healthy diet and cardio training).

I don't have tinnitus but made very good experiences with flavonoids (Daflon helps very well against varicose veins, contains two flavonoids: Diosmin and hesperidin).
    Last edited by P30; 11-05-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Hi, my name is Rick and I have tinnitus.

After decades of being very careful to wear hearing protection as a shooter, student, firearms instructor, I was shooting an AR15 off the bench using the orange cone shaped ear plugs from Walmart when one fell out. I didn’t notice until the second time I fired. Now my right ear constantly buzzes.

Last year I asked my family doctor about it and based of something he had read he suggested vitamin B12. It does seem to moderate the whine and in fact it seemed reduced after using that vitamin for about six months. Then at our shotgun club this summer one of the guys brought a retrieving dummy launcher powered by nail gun cartridges. Not a “gun” everyone was standing around watching the dogs play and I stupidly walked up with no ear pro just as he fired it and BANG! the whine returned to full volume instantly.

I’m hoping that it will moderate again but stress, blood pressure and environment all also play a part in what my head is hearing. The videos that Malamute posted are very interesting, I’d have to describe my tone as cicadas no matter what time of year it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Last year I asked my family doctor about it and based of something he had read he suggested vitamin B12. It does seem to moderate the whine and in fact it seemed reduced after using that vitamin for about six months.
    Vit. B12 is also contained in Lipo-Flavonoid: lipoflavonoid.com/about-lipo-flavonoid/product-ingredients

I don't get money from them, just a fan of mother nature's medicine. Flavonoids are contained especially in lemon peel. I suppose, nobody gets very rich by selling them because fortunately there is no patent. This is why you don't see much ads for it, but in my experience it can help a lot.

One good thing about tinnitus is that you can use it as an excuse to drown out all the bullshit going on around us.

Yellow foamies help others to get the message when they see them.

There's nothing civil about this war.

In "loud" locations, I really have to concentrate on the person speaking to get any of it.

Terrible.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

This is one day's worth of exploded ordinance sweep on our 14 acre embassy outpost from years back.

We were getting it night and day.

And a rocket that bounced off a T-wall and hit my G-ride that I had just stepped out of. I heard the rocket coming and did a baseball style dive into the gravel about 15 feet away and the rocket wiped out my suburban.

Yes all the guns certainly contributed their part, but getting hammered over and over by rockets and mortars has trashed my hearing. My head rings constantly. If there is any sort of background noise, or a crowd, there is no way I can carry on a conversation or understand what people say.

Years of throwing diversionary devices and shooting 37mm gas guns with no ear before I got smart and used ear pro anytime I threw one or thought I’d be exposed to it. Finally I was wearing Sordins full time on any callout. Add 16 years of dogs barking in an enclosed car kennel directly behind me and I’ve got it. Usually not too bad but some days the ringing is very noticeable. I’m going to try the lipo flavonoids.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

<snip>... My head rings constantly. If there is any sort of background noise, or a crowd, there is no way I can carry on a conversation or understand what people say.
    This is me, every day.

I'm gonna try those things listed above, but I really don't have much hope in any relief.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I find that just reading about it or focusing on it makes me more aware of it and makes it more prominent.

If I'm just chilling and doing stuff or relaxing, it's much less noticeable.

I also try moving my jaw and tongue in different positions and find it makes a big difference...in concert with holding a position for a period of time.

Crazy stuff.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I was an Infantry guy back before we knew that shooting M16s without hearing protection (or just "foamies") was a bad thing (TM pending). Also got plenty of experience shooting M2s from the turret of a HMMWV with just the handset of the vehicle radio shoved in my right ear, left ear wide open. Not surprisingly, I've had tinnitus since my mid-20s. Now in my later 50s, it's very bad. The VA just fitted me out with "noise canceling" hearing aids that work to a greater or lesser degree during the day, but at night things are no bueno. My wife can't sleep with ANY of the ambient "white noise" options my VA-supplied noise machine, so it's toss and turn listening to the ringing until I pop two Benadryl and call it a night...

User Tag List