Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like somethin is comin from S&W!

Oh. good. It's is a new plastic gun (maybe even in a new caliber that's so much more friggin' awesome than everything else everyone currently owns!) instead of a no-lock, Airweight, K frame, 6 shot, shrouded ejector rod, 3 inch barrel, DAO hammer revolver with decent sights. How exciting.

I'm pretty sure they're just breathing hard.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Off the wall guess, updated SD series to compete with the Ruger Security‐9.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Off the wall guess, updated SD series to compete with the Ruger Security‐9.
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. The fore slide serrations shown kinda look like what’s on the SDs.

Only thing… it’s got those “furrows” in the frame like the current M&Ps. Not sure what those are for. But would they add those to a new SD?

Maybe they’re merging the SD line into the M&P line? Kinda like they did the Bodyguard, a few years back. Which I’m not sure I agree with—just dilutes the M&P sub brand and makes it somewhat meaningless if everything’s an M&P.

But maybe that’s not what they’re doing…
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Any release date information?

Just show the fucking thing, or don't... This cock-tease form of marketing is so damn annoying. If it's a legit product it will do well even if it didn't create a hubba baloo prior to release.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Just show the fucking thing, or don't... This cock-tease form of marketing is so damn annoying. If it's a legit product it will do well even if it didn't create a hubba baloo prior to release.
    Exactly. Maybe the new fashion will be to simply release quality products without out this silliness.

Have we all become so cynical that we can't even enjoy new gun releases?

Then again, I remember the Glock 44 and wristwatch releases.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

Gun companies survive by selling guns to people who already have guns that most likely do a good enough job of meeting their needs. Plastic People Poppers from the top tier companies have become fungible and the only way to differentiate one from the other is largely via marketing.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

I'm all about a new release as I'm a geer geek and love to see innovation. What I don't care for is this particular style of marketing... It suggests that there is way more hype than substance to the actual product. If it's truly good shit then it will stand on its own merits regardless of the level of pre-reveal buzz. Then again, I'm not a marketing expert, just a grumpy older man who doesn't care to be jerked around with nebulous marketing voodoo intended to create tactical boners from all the Instagram Couch Ninjas.

User Tag List