Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like somethin is comin from S&W!

The shop I work at will not be purchasing any of these. The name combined with being released purposefully on Election Day is bad form, and that is not the name of a defensive firearm you would want brought up in a courtroom. Shame, because a double stack EZ is a good idea. As a matter of fact, any other S&W pistols besides the EZ’s do not sell and just sit on the shelf, they sell horribly to the point where we are clearancing out all S&W pistols and do not plan on buying any more besides the EZs. The .30 Super Carry was a joke. And for selling so few S&W pistols, we sure get a lot of customers coming back with RMA’s (in proportion to sales). I like their revolvers and carry a 642 as a BUG, but I have never been impressed with their semi auto pistols.

They should’ve just called it the EZ+ and followed the same naming convention.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    The shop I work at will not be purchasing any of these. The name combined with being released purposefully on Election Day is bad form, and that is not the name of a defensive firearm you would want brought up in a courtroom. Shame, because a double stack EZ is a good idea. As a matter of fact, any other S&W pistols besides the EZ’s do not sell and just sit on the shelf, they sell horribly to the point where we are clearancing out all S&W pistols and do not plan on buying any more besides the EZs. The .30 Super Carry was a joke. And for selling so few S&W pistols, we sure get a lot of customers coming back with RMA’s (in proportion to sales). I like their revolvers and carry a 642 as a BUG, but I have never been impressed with their semi auto pistols.

They should’ve just called it the EZ+ and followed the same naming convention.
    That is all interesting stuff, @SwampDweller. Do you mind saying where this shop is located?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You have to wonder if Equalizer was in response to Springfield's stupidly named Hell Cat since that's the direct competition along with the P365.
    Well, if they were looking to up the “Hellcat”, “Demon” or “Redeye” was the next logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Well, if they were looking to up the “Hellcat”, “Demon” or “Redeye” was the next logical choice.
    Or The Exorcist... That could really be dramatic in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That is all interesting stuff, @SwampDweller. Do you mind saying where this shop is located?
    I would rather not for privacy reasons, but it’s on the gulf coast. That combined with my name might give you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    The shop I work at will not be purchasing any of these. The name combined with being released purposefully on Election Day is bad form, and that is not the name of a defensive firearm you would want brought up in a courtroom.
    Name:  datpda0.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  32.4 KB

Site Supporter
    15 pages of discussion yet seems like essentially no one has actually shot one

Equalizer review

On YouTube, scootch00 reviews the S&W Equalizer. First review I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltLVC78_zHM

Jerry Miculek did a release video, too.

Apparently it takes Shield Plus magazines.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I shot an EZ 9mm a couple months ago. It seemed to have promise as an “old man gun” I might need later in life. The fact that the new gun takes Shield Plus mags makes me happy as I already have quite a few of those. But that name though…

User Tag List