Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share you best low down dirty poker self defense technique!!

Share you best low down dirty poker self defense technique!!

I'll start with mine...

See the Vulcans were sneaky folks.. That is an eye jab with either the fingers (they support each other), thumb jab (run the hand down the side of their face and jab 'em in the eye) .. groin grabber, or palm them on the nose, or run the arm over your should and 'tiger paw' them on the nose from above.

They may laugh when you give 'em the Vulcan peace sign... in fact you want them to laugh... and drop their guard!

Name:  peace.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  22.8 KB

This seems like a good way to have someone break your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
    ..best low down dirty poker self defense…

I’m another who’s not a fan of striking with fully extended/straight fingers.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I've got a pretty good time on the 40m sprint to a safer area while yelling for help

I'll start with mine...

See the Vulcans were sneaky folks.. That is an eye jab with either the fingers (they support each other), thumb jab (run the hand down the side of their face and jab 'em in the eye) .. groin grabber, or palm them on the nose, or run the arm over your should and 'tiger paw' them on the nose from above.

They may laugh when you give 'em the Vulcan peace sign... in fact you want them to laugh... and drop their guard!

Name:  peace.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  22.8 KB
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Poker? I barely know her!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Craig's got a good story about a guy who took one of his courses and, on the basis of prior training, insisted on a stiff-fingered eye jab. I can't remember if the story ended in breakage or just dislocation, though.

All my favourite dirty moves are headbutts. So underrated. I also really like a grab-and-slug move which I at least half stole from Craig: he teaches an arm tie where you use your right hand to force the other person's left elbow back far enough that you can knife your left into the crook of their elbow, and get a serious tie on their left while using your body positioning to break them off their stance.

I have used a version of this in hockey (of course) including last night, in which I slam hard into the person and use that motion to get my left into the crook of their arm or even just a good grip on their jersey, then cock back my right to throw shots on someone who is now, briefly at least, wide open.

Last night it went exactly as far as me establishing the grip and loading up to start slugging before captain crosscheck just started shaking his head and waving it off. Seriously, it's a fun league of long-past-their-prime nobodies; there's no call to be racking up penalty minutes for roughing.

Anyway I have done it to a few guys over the years and when it has worked - nothing works all the time, I miss an arm or don't start from the right position or something, but when I have hit on all points, I get to see a moment of panic when they realize their right is momentarily out of play just from body positioning, and I'm peeling back their defense like a can opener.

Teachable moment.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Share you best low down dirty poker self defense technique!!
    no-call/no-show
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I had a very weird dude many years ago when I wore a uniform, try to do something similar to me.

He was in a bar, been asked to leave. Refused. People were tired of his shit.

Long story short, he decided he was going to show me and everyone else his "Kata" frigging dance moves.

I told him I was just a big dumb Trooper and only knew two.

I also was done with his show.

I gave him the "ask, tell, make" speech.

I told him I was going to ask him, then tell him, then make him come with me.

Because we were done for the night and he was going to jail.

He disagreed.

Weirdo did his best 1980s Karate Kid nonsense.

I simply grabbed his face and drove him backwards off balance and drove his head into the bar floor. Then kneeled on his chest so he could not breath. Then cuffed him. Done. Always loved the shocked look on their faces when it happened so fast they had that WTF just happened look.

I am not very smart, so I just keep it simple

2 rules.

Where the head goes, the body follows.
    and
    You can't fight if you can't breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Craig's got a good story about a guy who took one of his courses and, on the basis of prior training, insisted on a stiff-fingered eye jab. I can't remember if the story ended in breakage or just dislocation, though.

All my favourite dirty moves are headbutts. So underrated. I also really like a grab-and-slug move which I at least half stole from Craig: he teaches an arm tie where you use your right hand to force the other person's left elbow back far enough that you can knife your left into the crook of their elbow, and get a serious tie on their left while using your body positioning to break them off their stance.

I have used a version of this in hockey (of course) including last night, in which I slam hard into the person and use that motion to get my left into the crook of their arm or even just a good grip on their jersey, then cock back my right to throw shots on someone who is now, briefly at least, wide open.

Last night it went exactly as far as me establishing the grip and loading up to start slugging before captain crosscheck just started shaking his head and waving it off. Seriously, it's a fun league of long-past-their-prime nobodies; there's no call to be racking up penalty minutes for roughing.

Anyway I have done it to a few guys over the years and when it has worked - nothing works all the time, I miss an arm or don't start from the right position or something, but when I have hit on all points, I get to see a moment of panic when they realize their right is momentarily out of play just from body positioning, and I'm peeling back their defense like a can opener.

Teachable moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn7DlebO2JU

User Tag List