Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Share you best low down dirty poker self defense technique!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And the best advice for poker- you gotta know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run...
    Roger that, Kenny.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Headbutts in the UK...

Yea, they actually play soccer over there.

You guys forget you can use a header in soccer, didn't you? You learn pretty quick trying it a few times that you have to keep a stiff neck and drive with the upper body and shoulders to get the effect you want.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Roger that, Kenny.
    Damn...it took a while for me to catch on to that one.

Must have been too busy counting my money while sitting at the table...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

There'll be time enough to count it, when the dealin's done.

I too have found that lunging with all my weight pushing the web of the hand into a throat works very well, shoved one guy into a wall that way. Definitely gives you initiative.

Kick to the groin or side of knee have also yielded excellent results.

I like Craig Douglas' eye gouge technique, and practice it regularly when working the heavy bag, although I have not had occasion to use it.

I always though that the head-butt would be a handy trick to have up your sleeve, but I have no idea how to find a "qualified instructor" or how to train it.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Ask these guys?

Found this technique in e-book self defense manual, defender is on the left side trying to dislocate the attacker's jaw. Sparring with this move might be messy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    1. Being sober.

2. Being armed.

3. Staying aware of my surroundings while recognizing that anyone can be surprised.

4. Staying physically fit.

5. Avoiding stupid people, stupid places, and stupid things.

6. Dealing with and diagnosing the intentions of unknown contacts at a distance (thank you SouthNarc).

7. Training in proper technique, timing, decision making, etc. (Cecil Burch has pointed out that someone with good skills can get up to speed on a dirty trick very quickly, but someone with dirty tricks cannot acquire skill with the same speed).

8. Being a good runner for when that is appropriate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Found this technique in e-book self defense manual, defender is on the left side trying to dislocate the attacker's jaw. Sparring with this move might be messy.
    Looks like what I do when I ask my dog what they're eating and they start chewing faster...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Dude…

I’m a nobody who’s done some Jiu Jitsu.

Putting your fingers in someone’s mouth that you’re fighting seems like a terrible idea.

Dislocating the jaw would cause pain but not stop the hands or feet. They could still stab you or grab you, etc.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List