Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grips for S&W L frame M-69.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Those grips look too expensive for me.

They cost a lotta clams.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Why are you shooting .44 Magnum from an L frame? That's a .44 Special gun. 240 gr @ 950-1000 FPS.

Because it says .44 MAGNUM on the barrel, duh. So I started out with 240s on top of 10 grains of Unique for 1070. I shot my chronograph with the first 245gr on the same powder charge I assume that load will be 1000ish fps too.
    Last edited by Crazy Dane; 11-04-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I have the Hogue Bantam in both rubber and cocobolo. The backstrap is not covered. The cocobolo isn't speedloader friendly, but they are beautiful grips.

I'm considering trying the Pachmayer Pro like what 03RN has in his photo.

Are you looking for a covered backstrap?

I am looking for wider? flatter? down the backstrap. I ordered the set 03RN linked and if I don't like them I will pass them on to you to try.

I have a set of Houges coming along with a set of Altamont Altai's and I have a few sets I'm watching on Gun broker.

These come in today, I could almost like them but they have a huge problem. They don't come together in the front.

I think the frame is thicker than the inlet. I don't think I am going to try Dremel surgery on them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    What is the S&W equivalent size/shape to the full-size Lett grips for the Ruger GP100?

These narrow grips on this M-69 are brutal with full on magnums. I shot some Federal Hi Shok 240gr magnums today. I quit after 3 rounds.

After several hours on the internet and some gin, ok a lot of gin, this is what I have come up with;

I have ordered a set of Hogue's but what else is out there?

Altamont's targets may be a solution... not concerned about concealment. Speaking of Altamont, does anyone know anything about the Bateleur, Alatai or KU grips? I have an email in to see if they have pic from the back showing the thickness.

Herrets doesn't seem to be in the business of revolver grips anymore...

Amazon doesn't seem to even have Chinese knock offs of anything...

VZ 320s RtoS conversion could be an option too.

I don't think Pachmyer has a solution for me.
    I vote VZ R2S
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Try shooting with them to see if they settle in.

I recently got a set of vzs I had to file because I could not get them to fit. 5 minutes later... Perfect.

Altamont KUs from Gun Broker. I had to dehorn them and to be fair, the ones they sell on GB state that they could be blems, over runs etc.

They force a high grip, good. Level press out, good. Recoil, ok no pain. Speedloader binds just the tiniest amount, meh I can fix. Slick finish, jury is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post

These come in today, I could almost like them but they have a huge problem. They don't come together in the front.

I think the frame is thicker than the inlet. I don't think I am going to try Dremel surgery on them yet.

I'm gonna quote myself just because it's easier.

I really want to like these but, they are just the tiniest bit too small. They would be great on a CC gun but that is not my intention. Also, the front seam is really soft and when preforming reloads, the seam pulls open and becomes uneven. Detrimental? No. Annoying as fuck? Hell yes.

In the best interest of the grips, I am going to forgo the dremel and off these up to whoever wants them. They are used from ebay so there is already some wear and a tiny tear on the bottom.

I also have a brand-new set of Houge no finger groove rubbers if anyone wants them.

VZs on my 69s!

I fire a lot of 1000-1,100 fps loads in these two trusty companions.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    S&W X-frame grip. https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/grips...monogrip-black

Add this https://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/i...products_id=17 and you should be set for all manner of adventures.

Okie John
    This is the closest you’ll get. The Ruger grip peg vs traditional frame is really the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List