Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Best Hard-Use AR15s in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Any thoughts on American Defense Manufacturing (ADM)? I picked up one of their ambi lowers several years back and really like it. I've been thinking about grabbing one of their complete rifles.
    I’ve only seen good things aside from the weight. They’re beefy from what I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A little late to the thread, but have been following and meaning to chime in.

I just purchased a Sionics 12.5” pistol, and while I haven’t shot it yet (saving up for an optic), I am very impressed with the build quality and the customer service. When I placed my order their website had a 2 month lead time, but my FFL had the “pistol” 4 days after ordering. The only downside to Sionics is the lack of options. You can have your black rifles in any configuration you want, just as long as it’s the Sionics configuration.

I’ve had multiple BCMs over the years, and they have been excellent. Currently my primary training rifle is a 16” mid-length. While I haven’t shot groups for accuracy (mostly limited to a 25 yd. indoor range), when shooting offhand my 6933 seems to shoot noticeably tighter. Of course this could be do to a number of factors, but I tend to believe the anecdotes about BCMs not grouping as tightly as others. At the same time, none of my BCMs have been exhibited what could be considered accuracy “problems,” and I’ve stretched them out to 200+. I like that you can get a bunch of different factory configurations, and really like that you can Lego uppers and lowers and save 10% vs. a complete gun.

I’ve had multiple Colts over the years, and currently have a pair of 6933s: one from 2008-09 and one from 2017-18. All of my Colts have been completely reliable, and at one point my training 6920 went around 900 rounds of dusty desert shooting with no cleaning, just oil squirted into the bolt through the ejection port. My latest 6933 is a bit tighter and more “refined” than the earlier gun. Interestingly enough, on the topic of “retro” rifles, I set up the later SBR almost identically to the way I set up the first one about a decade earlier: DDM4 rail, Magpul CTR stock, Aimpoint Micro, and Magpul MIAD grip. The only difference is the newer SBR will have an X300 at 12 o’clock, while the older one has a Surefire Scout at 10:30 (this gun also has a wrap-round rail and the factory fixed sight, so 12:00 isn’t an option). I’ve seen some 2020 and later Colts in shops that didn’t have the fit and finish of the earlier guns, but didn’t dig into them enough to see if there was anything objectionable where it mattered. I personally wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another Colt, particularly the 6933s for a factory SBR.

I’m very impressed with my Centurion as well, but can’t really recommend them as an option given how rarely they are available. I waited over 6 months to order mine, and despite regular (and excellent) communication with the company, I only got it because I happened to get lucky and check the site when they were in stock.

Up-thread there was discussion about the benefits of hammer-forged barrels: I have a BCM pistol lower waiting for an upper, and am debating between the BFH 11.5 and ELW 11.5. I’d much prefer the ELW profile, which isn’t available in BFH, but I’d the hammer-forged enough of an advantage to justify going with the govt. profile over the ELW?

The BCM ELW barrels have been out of stock for quite some time.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Some folks might be interested in BCM blem uppers reduced for Black Friday: https://bravocompanyusa.com/sale-specials-closeouts/

Cross posted in the BF thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    A little late to the thread, but have been following and meaning to chime in.

I just purchased a Sionics 12.5” pistol, and while I haven’t shot it yet (saving up for an optic), I am very impressed with the build quality and the customer service. When I placed my order their website had a 2 month lead time, but my FFL had the “pistol” 4 days after ordering. The only downside to Sionics is the lack of options. You can have your black rifles in any configuration you want, just as long as it’s the Sionics configuration.

I’ve had multiple BCMs over the years, and they have been excellent. Currently my primary training rifle is a 16” mid-length. While I haven’t shot groups for accuracy (mostly limited to a 25 yd. indoor range), when shooting offhand my 6933 seems to shoot noticeably tighter. Of course this could be do to a number of factors, but I tend to believe the anecdotes about BCMs not grouping as tightly as others. At the same time, none of my BCMs have been exhibited what could be considered accuracy “problems,” and I’ve stretched them out to 200+. I like that you can get a bunch of different factory configurations, and really like that you can Lego uppers and lowers and save 10% vs. a complete gun.

I’ve had multiple Colts over the years, and currently have a pair of 6933s: one from 2008-09 and one from 2017-18. All of my Colts have been completely reliable, and at one point my training 6920 went around 900 rounds of dusty desert shooting with no cleaning, just oil squirted into the bolt through the ejection port. My latest 6933 is a bit tighter and more “refined” than the earlier gun. Interestingly enough, on the topic of “retro” rifles, I set up the later SBR almost identically to the way I set up the first one about a decade earlier: DDM4 rail, Magpul CTR stock, Aimpoint Micro, and Magpul MIAD grip. The only difference is the newer SBR will have an X300 at 12 o’clock, while the older one has a Surefire Scout at 10:30 (this gun also has a wrap-round rail and the factory fixed sight, so 12:00 isn’t an option). I’ve seen some 2020 and later Colts in shops that didn’t have the fit and finish of the earlier guns, but didn’t dig into them enough to see if there was anything objectionable where it mattered. I personally wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another Colt, particularly the 6933s for a factory SBR.

I’m very impressed with my Centurion as well, but can’t really recommend them as an option given how rarely they are available. I waited over 6 months to order mine, and despite regular (and excellent) communication with the company, I only got it because I happened to get lucky and check the site when they were in stock.

Up-thread there was discussion about the benefits of hammer-forged barrels: I have a BCM pistol lower waiting for an upper, and am debating between the BFH 11.5 and ELW 11.5. I’d much prefer the ELW profile, which isn’t available in BFH, but I’d the hammer-forged enough of an advantage to justify going with the govt. profile over the ELW?
    I did and would again go ELW over BFH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List