Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Hard-Use AR15s in 2022?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I see. Would you happen to know the closest thing to those "old school" classes/instructors?
    Rather than derail this thread with current carbine instructor options, here is a recent thread on that topic:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-rifle-classes

Any of these instructors are well qualified to teach carbine:

Chuck Pressburg (Presscheck Consulting)
    Bill Blowers (Tap-Rack Tactical)
    Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions)
    Pat McNamara (TMACS Inc)
    Buck Doyle (Follow Through Consulting)
    Michael Green (Green Ops)
    Matt Little (Grey Beard Actual)
    Kyle Defoor (Defoor Proformance Shooting)
    Steve Fisher (Sentinel Concepts)
    John McPhee (SOB Tactical)
    Matt Pranka (X-Ray Alpha)
    Frank Proctor (Frank Proctor Shooting, formerly Way of the Gun)
    Mark Smith (JBS Training group)
    Dan Brokos (Lead Faucet Tactical)
    Paul Howe (CSAT)
    Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical)
    Travis Haley (Haley Strategic)

I don't really sweat the accessories, not much interest in that anyway. Instead I look for solid firearms at good prices. All my 6920s are stock and none cost over $600. It wasn't until I decided to try an LPVO that I branched out away from 6920. Found a WC for the price of a new 6920 and just recently a DD for a G.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by c_rion View Post
    Thats what the thread is all about. Read the OPs responses. The the kid who started the thread talked about his range trip, getting flak for his "retro setup". I tried to give the kid some honest guidance. Some cat jumped in with some Oppositional defiance, I returned the favor. Little bit of thin skin and here we are.

Since I haven't been locked yet, I will make my last reply to you. The more and more I interact with "gun people", especially on the internet, the less and less I like "gun people". Perhaps thats a clue. To me.
    Yes, if you can’t be civil, leave @c_rion. Don’t argue, either be civil or leave.
    #RESIST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yes, if you can’t be civil, leave @c_rion. Don’t argue, either be civil or leave.
    Jesus fucking christ, I guess this is a fuckin airport and you do have to announce after all. Hey dude, lock this fuckin account, stop emailing me replies, and have a nice fucking day. Thanks!

Jesus fucking christ, I guess this is a fuckin airport and you do have to announce after all. Hey dude, lock this fuckin account, stop emailing me replies, and have a nice fucking day. Thanks!
    The email replies are automatic, numbnuts. It says so right in the email. Bye.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I guess we all know what the "C" stood for. Back to technical talk...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Haven’t caught up on every page but.

As a beginner does this change the selection criteria at all? I would like to attend some classes next year and intended to use the rifle as a home defense tool. As of now I am only budgeted for one rifle. I can afford around $1500 but at my skill level (virtually non existent) is that level investment even needed? Can something like a M&P Sport II hold up to a couple classes a year at most? Or do ARs fall under the “buy once cry once” rule?
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post

As a beginner does this change the selection criteria at all? I would like to attend some classes next year and intended to use the rifle as a home defense tool. As of now I am only budgeted for one rifle. I can afford around $1500 but at my skill level (virtually non existent) is that level investment even needed? Can something like a M&P Sport II hold up to a couple classes a year at most? Or do ARs fall under the “buy once cry once” rule?
    The sport might work, but given your budget and the fact you can currently find Colt 6920s under $1k, I would try to get a Colt 6920 in a black Friday sale or a Colt 6920 OEM from arm’s unlimited on one of their periodic $750 sales.

Personally, I’ve had very good luck with the aim point micro style optics from SIG, Holosun and Vortex which run from $150 to $300.

If you want to burn up a little more of your budget, the endpoint Pro can be found around $400 and has a true duty great optic.

The only other things you really need or some magazines, a quick adjust 2 point sling and sone type of weapons mounted light. While the dedicated, sure fire, Streamlight, mod light and cloud defensive options are nice., if you have a spare, pistol, white laying around, that will work. Another option is one of the sure fire, or stream light hand held lights in a 1” ring mount. You will probably want one of the tactical versions of the flashlight that only operates in high mode and has a clicking tail cap. If you already have a handheld light laying around, you can probably buy an aftermarket clicky tail cap for the Surefire or stream light models for less than $20.

Impact Weapons Components, Arisaka Defense, GG&ag and Midwest industries all make options for attaching flashlights to either regular plastic hand guards for the A-frame of a standard M4.

For $1500 a Colt 6960 and an Aimpoint Pro would be very difficult to beat. Budget another $115 for a 10-pack of Gen 3 Pmags, then $50-60 for a sling of your choice and you're set. Add a weaponlight later on if you feel you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post

$1,500 for what? The rifle itself and you can add accessories (at least an optic) and ammo outside that budget? Or $1,500 is all the money you’re going to be able to put into it for quite some time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List