Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Hard-Use AR15s in 2022?

Where does Aero Precision sit in the group's opinion. I believe they white label for many companies and outsource their barrel work to Ballistic Advantage. I've never owned an Aero rifle but I think I'd take one over a S&W/Springfield/Brownells/PSA.
    "Follow me!"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Where does Aero Precision sit in the group's opinion. I believe they white label for many companies and outsource their barrel work to Ballistic Advantage. I've never owned an Aero rifle but I think I'd take one over a S&W/Springfield/Brownells/PSA.
    Aero OEM’s receivers for other companies.

Aero owns Ballistic advantage.

The barrels and recovers are fine. The problem with Aero’s complete guns or complete receivers are assembly and the poor quality small parts they use.

As such I put them on par with PSA. Fine for the range, not what I would choose for duty.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The barrels and recovers are fine. The problem with Aero’s complete guns or complete receivers are assembly and the poor quality small parts they use.

As such I put them on par with PSA. Fine for the range, not what I would choose for duty.
    What would you recommend for Lower Parts kits?

When Brownells throws BCM complete lowers on sale, they are REALLY hard to beat. I'd take one over building out a stripped lower.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Their lower receivers? Yes, their lower parts kits, no.

Brownells. Sionics, DD, BCM, Geissele, SOLGW.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-14-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    SOLGW, BCM, DD or Geissele all are manufactures I would not hesitate to use. I like kits that do not include a trigger & grip so I can chose my preference.

For example: https://www.primaryarms.com/sons-of-...o-fire-control

Sionics Weapon Systems also has great lower parts kits.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Any love for PWS and Lantac? Curious to hear user’s thoughts on those two brands.

I’m also an LWRC fan as I’ve had great success with one of their piston guns (14.5” pinned) and their DI (16” kind of annoying proprietary rail, would prefer MLOK).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Any love for Lone Star Armory?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Interesting info.

I recently bought a slightly used complete AERO AR15, so if I replaced the LPK with a premium brand it would be good to go?

Thanks.

User Tag List