Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Hard-Use AR15s in 2022?

Have you looked at Centurion Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Fair points.

What did you think of TriArc?

Molon posted some of the best groups I’ve ever seen with their Track barrel.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....acy-Evaluation

They seem to have the attention to detail and have endured Garand Thumb (who I consider unbiased) and Milspec Mojo (same) testing very gracefully in their YouTube Channels.

https://youtu.be/YI6dwSTp2v0

https://youtu.be/UaQAkVbPKbI

They may have some institutional adoption, but I think of that as a potential SR15, etc. tier gun.

Anyway, I don’t want to detract from the thread too much.

ETA: I’m considering these as guns where budget is now secondary and we’re looking at OEM high performance AR’s.
    Re your earlier post and HCM's reply, Geissele issues are all over ARFCOM. I had the same issues that were reported by far too many others to expect that it was overblown.

Triarc has reportedly had business problems in the last several months. I don't remember where it ended but it made a little stir. I've noticed that PA hasn't really had much from them since then, whereas just before, they were the best source for Trairc barrels and some other components. I have a 10.5 Triarc barrel in a custom upper with 500 rounds on it but no real opinion yet except that I think my DD 10.3 MK18 has softer recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Re your earlier post and HCM's reply, Geissele issues are all over ARFCOM. I had the same issues that were reported by far too many others to expect that it was overblown.

Triarc has reportedly had business problems in the last several months. I don't remember where it ended but it made a little stir. I've noticed that PA hasn't really had much from them since then, whereas just before, they were the best source for Trairc barrels and some other components. I have a 10.5 Triarc barrel in a custom upper with 500 rounds on it but no real opinion yet except that I think my DD 10.3 MK18 has softer recoil.
    I have personally seen issues with a Geiselle Super Duty after a customer/friend bought one a month ago. It was having issues when we went to the range. I’ve also seen two examples of well-vetted ARs having the Super 42 braided spring installed, and malfunctions ensued. Switching back to a regular buffer spring brought it back to full functionality.

The business issues like what Triarc is having is why I like to stick with proven, long-standing manufacturers preferably with military or government contracts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I have personally seen issues with a Geiselle Super Duty after a customer/friend bought one a month ago. It was having issues when we went to the range. I’ve also seen two examples of well-vetted ARs having the Super 42 braided spring installed, and malfunctions ensued. Switching back to a regular buffer spring brought it back to full functionality.

The business issues like what Triarc is having is why I like to stick with proven, long-standing manufacturers preferably with military or government contracts.
    May I ask for more information on the Geissele issues?
    What issues did your friend’s Super Duty have at the range?
    What malfunctions did the Super 42 springs apparently induce?
    - if the guns acted “oversprung”, could it be because the Super 42 is supposedly 10% stronger than a standard carbine spring?
    - were the springs used with Geissele buffer weights? (Geissele warns about damage to the tube if only the spring is swapped)

Not questioning your experiences - just trying to learn more about what the issues are.

Unless you're running a laser, the LMT MARS guns are a waste of time. The uppers themselves are heavy as are the barrel profiles. They are not inherently more accurate than other quality, top tier guns. I've also had numerous QC issues with their uppers that they've refused to address.

My two primary rifles for training, NV use and hog hunting for the past two years have been LMT MLC CQB's with MAR's lowers. As soon as I find a suitable replacement i'm dropping them and going with something else.

If I were in your shoes, I would get a Colt and call it a day. Save the thousand plus dollars and put it towards ammo, training or whatever else your heart may desire.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    14.5 Colt socom barrels, Criterion (which I'm currently favoring), etc. shoot so darn well, that spending $400+ on a stainless noveske barrel isn't worth it.
    Which criterion?

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Which criterion?
    13.9" and 14.5" CORE

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post

Honestly, that’s what seems to happen to these smaller time weapons manufacturers. Like listening to Q’s (Silencer and Fix Rifle) Podcast series (three interviews) with Trey Knight with KAC.. I mean a business lands a government contract and they have to meet that demand or they lose that contract.

Trey in the third podcast talked about their simplifying and cutting off legacy products because they land a contract for 5,000-20,000 rails and suddenly the whole business is trying to respond to that. Multiply that by multiple decades and multiple offerings in .gov system and that’s what hurts their ability to make product.

It’s interesting. Combine that with the feast and famine of these political landscapes with .gov contracts and I could see how a small business could suddenly become a large business (via demand) and they’re struggling with the growth.

I like Geissele - I hope they’re able to sort their stuff out. I hope the same for KAC. You can quickly become a victim of your own success in this industry it seems.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List