Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Custom front sight

Ruger LCP Custom front sight

The front sight came off my Ruger LCP custom the other day and lost someplace on the range floor. I contacted Ruger, and they said I needed to send the slide back to have it replaced. However, looking at the hole in the top of the slide, it looked a lot like the hole in a Glock slide. I took a Clock front sight I had lying around, and it fit right in. I haven't shot it yet to see if it shoots point of aim, but as far as I can tell, it's the same height as the factory sight.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

If it shoots to POA… What are the dimensions on the sight?

I shot it this morning and it shot about 3 inches high at 10 yards. The sight height is .164 inch. I just installed a TruGlo front sight with a .204 height. I had to file the tang down on this one because it was a little taller. Hopefully I can try it out tomorrow.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

The new .204 high sight works perfectly. POA is exactly the way I like it, using the "drive the dot" sight picture.

...And now that I know the LCP Custom takes Glock fronts, I'm on the hunt for one. Thanks for the info.

Site Supporter
    Wait...WHAT?

Damn it really was the gun Ruger should have just kept making. Love mine and now I'm thinking about new front sights.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I shot the pistol at about 20 yards today, and it's shooting a lower than I like. I'm going to have to see if I can find something between the two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I shot the pistol at about 20 yards today, and it's shooting a lower than I like. I'm going to have to see if I can find something between the two.
    The short sight radius does not permit precise adjustment. Over correcting is a risk. If you were shooting out of doors, the sun's position can affect how you see the sights and thereby point of impact can change. My opinion is that you have done an excellent job of sight adjusting and should accept your success. The combination of a front post with a dot, a short sight radius, and very lightweight pistol limits capability.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Any updates on this project? Anyone else use a Glock front with one of these? I have my eye on a couple on line at the moment.. Thanks

Well, I bought one on Gunbroker. About 200 rounds through it today, and it works without drama. I will put an Ameriglo front on it and report back...

User Tag List