Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: I love Glocks… or what’s old is new again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I took a class where a young woman beginner had one of those as she bought it for stopping power. Her performance was not optimal. The instructor lent her a 9mm Glock and she did fine.
    I had a similar experience with a female agent who was sent to me for three days of dedicated "remedial" firearms training after several failed attempts to qualify with her G27.

Before she shot her first qualification attempt with me, I took her G27 and handed her my G26. After five rounds of familiarization fire, with a huge grin on her face, she shot a 285/300.

By the end of the first day, she was scoring in the low-to-mid 290s every time, and we spent the next two days working on tactics and weapons handling drills. This was 12-15 years ago, when I spoke with her earlier this year, she's still carrying that 3rd Gen G26.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Gen5 40s have a wider slide, almost like a 45 GAP. It makes a huge difference compared to earlier 40 Glocks. My 27.5 is very pleasant to shoot.
    It isn't just a wider slide -- the slide weighs nearly four ounces more than a G4 23.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    You folks haven't shot a G33-subcompact in .357...
    YEOW!
    One was my cold weather carry back in IL. I still like the cartridge, and would like to see a Gen5 with the same slide as the 27.5.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That's why I like having the .357 SIG barrel for my Gen4 G22. Options, man, options!

No .357 SIG Gen5s to date (and I somewhat doubt if there'll be any), so if I get a Gen5 G22, that .357 SIG barrel would probably be semi-permanently mounted in my Gen4 G22.

Or I might be tempted to try a Gen5 G23....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Although the Gen5 changes to the .40s sound good, and make the .40 Glocks much more attractive as high-volume .40 launchers (although less attractive as EDC guns due to size and weight), it all seems like a solution in search of a problem that isn't already solved by just going with 9mm Gen5 pistols, which are arguably the best pistols in the world for most people (all things considered).

I have a 33.4 and a spare original .40 barrel for it. I wonder if the .357 barrel will work in a Gen5 27?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I find the Glocks in .45 Auto (G21 and G30, specifically) to be more pleasant and controllable to shoot vs the .40 caliber G22 and G23 (though I have not fired a Gen 5 .40 yet). If one wants bigger than 9mm I'd just go right up to the G21 or G30.

Many online retailers have G21 Gen 5 MOS listings up but out of stock. Might be worth waiting for. That will certainly be my next Glock. I have three Gen 4 G21s but would like a fourth one, and if it's a Gen 5, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a 33.4 and a spare original .40 barrel for it. I wonder if the .357 barrel will work in a Gen5 27?
    Would love to know that too.

Will the 27 and 23 share barrels across gens and will the 22 now have same lugs as the compact and sub?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    You folks haven't shot a G33-subcompact in .357...
    YEOW!
    I went to FITP at FLETC years ago with a Federal agent who was issued one as his duty pistol. Dude was tough as nails, and did the best he could with that pistol for the two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I went to FITP at FLETC years ago with a Federal agent who was issued one as his duty pistol. Dude was tough as nails, and did the best he could with that pistol for the two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you guys transitioned from the Glock 22/23 to 17/19, did you guys also first look at the Gen 5 40s?

Seems like Glock may have perfected their 40 platform just a bit too late.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List