Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I love Glocks… or what’s old is new again.

@Chuck Whitlock

message sent
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Can you compare and contrast with a P95? I have one, recently gifted by a long time friend who for reasons didn't want it in his home anymore. DA trigger is oooof stout. But it runs and runs.
    Wolff makes reduced power hammer springs for the P95 which could help the DA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004184932

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wolff makes reduced power hammer springs for the P95 which could help the DA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004184932
    Thanks! It's one of my dry fire trainers in DA.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I still think everyone should own a Glock 19 though. Still the gun to beat for a pistol in that size category.
    I still agree with the second point, and used to agree with the first.

I began to hedge a bit after seeing some unfortunate examples of the platform's... umm... "occasional lack of tolerance for operators with their heads somewhere else." About when I hit the point where people started giving me senior discounts at the fast food drive-thru, my own G 19's were not being utilized for a couple of different reasons. I kept them on ice in the safe until just recently "just because."

In my case, "what's old is new again" is maybe a generation farther back than many here... my circle is being completed with metal-framed, hammer-fired, 9mm handguns.

I still recommend the G 19 for many of the people who ask my opinion and who want a no frills, no BS defensive pistol that is about as close to a jack-of-all-trades as a handgun gets; but nowadays I add some caveats.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

This thread inspired me to spend some time shooting a very stock 19 yesterday and today -- no comp or dot. Really enjoyed shooting it. With iron sights, I really didn't miss the comp.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread inspired me to spend some time shooting a very stock 19 yesterday and today -- no comp or dot. Really enjoyed shooting it. With iron sights, I really didn't miss the comp.
    Stock sights?

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Stock sights?
    I made master in IPSC using stock sights on a G17. But I do think my Dawson Precisions are some of the best Glock sights made.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Stock sights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I made master in IPSC using stock sights on a G17. But I do think my Dawson Precisions are some of the best Glock sights made.
    One thing that I like that Glock has made available in relatively recent years is the availability of non-plastic sights right out of the box. Pretty much makes the guns a completely out of the box” solution for 99% of shooters (excluding those… discerning? Enough to *need* a different variety of sight).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Stock sights
    I’m not entirely sure that the stock cup and ball arrangement isn’t designed to make people shoot high to compensate for the inevitable low shooting newbies do.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I have heard that good design requires you to shift your grip to activate the mag release and slide stop, so those are not hit inadvertently.
    I've always been solidly in this camp. I've never been in a gunfight, much less needed a mag change to continue it, but I've damn sure dislodged mags unintentionally in 33yrs of edc. Especially when injuries led to 3 surgeries in 5 years requiring me to carry lefty for months at a time. I wear XL gloves and have oddly long, simian thumbs and I take a file and emery cloth to the mag release on all of my Glocks before I even take them on their first range trip.

My ccw journey started with Taurus 92 that became a BHP which became a G19.2 in '93 that carried to Thunder Ranch Tejas in '98. (Though I did run a 1911 for a couple of evolutions 'cause I'm not a fucking Philistine. Only 1911 I currently own, btw.)

Like many, I wanted there to be something better (and certainly sexier) than a Glock for me, but contenders from Sig/HK/another BHP/various 1911s all went by the wayside and I happily gave up my hunt. I've been devoted to the G26.5 for the last 3yrs as my edc, the only exception being my .22 LCR around the house or serving NPE duty. I've never been disappointed in my G19.3's or 19.4's, but when the 19.5 hit the stage of no finger grooves, no cut out with FCS, I had to have one. I like it so much it's displaced the G26...again.

There's scant little a G19 and an LCR don't cover for my needs. (But I have a G20, just in case.)

User Tag List