Thread: I’d Appreciate Some Input on Plates and Installations Issuess For My New Steiner MPS

I’d Appreciate Some Input on Plates and Installations Issuess For My New Steiner MPS

By now there shoud be some folks here who have gone with the Steiner MPS RDS…..

I just bought a Walther PDP compact with the 5” barrel….and plan to put a Steiner MPS on it…got a ripping good deal from Grabagun in Coppel TX. As soon as I have the S/N I can order a free plate from Walther.

In the meantime I’d appreciate some input about any issues I may have marrying the new sight with the new pistol. I have Holosuns on my other two Walther PDPs.

Many thanks,

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    By now there shoud be some folks here who have gone with the Steiner MPS RDS…..

I just bought a Walther PDP compact with the 5” barrel….and plan to put a Steiner MPS on it…got a ripping good deal from Grabagun in Coppel TX. As soon as I have the S/N I can order a free plate from Walther.

In the meantime I’d appreciate some input about any issues I may have marrying the new sight with the new pistol. I have Holosuns on my other two Walther PDPs.

Many thanks,

George
    Hello. We have an instructor who has run a couple of early Steiners. First one had an internal part shake loose, and it was promptly taken care of by Steiner. He’s still running it; I would guesstimate a couple of thousand rounds, no issues.
    I have a V1 MPS on a spare slide with several hundred rounds and no issues.
    Units were on a C&H ACRO plate which seems to be working. I believe they now have a dedicated Steiner plate.
    My only advice would be to carefully mount with torque and thread locker and leave it alone for 24 hours.
    Best of luck with the unit.

Site Supporter
    I have had a Steiner on a G5 G17 MOS for a while now, through the better part of three classes as well as range time and dry fire. I have not transitioned to duty use as we are still working on T&E policy.

I have used a Tango Down/FCD Acro plate, installed according to instructions, with no issues with loosening. I am leery of the CHWPS plates after it was demonstrated in a PMO class that they can be less than 100 percent flat. The instructor put one on a flat surface and showed it would ever so slightly rock. The TD plates do not demonstrate this at all.

I have had no issues or problems with the Steiner, and have a second I will be putting on a G19 here soon. I like the window size (slightly wider than a P2) though I did just pick up a P2 to use as well.
    Polite Professional

Mine is mounted onto a Glock via a TangoDown Acro plate. No issues with the mounting. The original failed and has been replaced, but I don't have enough rounds on the new one to comment.

SoCalDep has outlined his agency's procedure to mount optics here; I would strongly encourage you to follow it.

I decided to go with the FCD plate….fit like a glove, very solid fit.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I have a B&T acro plate on my Glock, so far it works fine with no issues.

I had one mounted to a Walther PDP compact as well, using the FCD/Tango Down plate, no problems with that at all.

FYI, the factory Walther steel sights you can get (from Midwest Gun Works for example I think Midway USA has them as well as other places) - the "RMR" height ones work beautifully as a non-intrusive yet useable BUIS. Lower 1/3-1/4 through the sight, so they're useable but don't block anything and won't eat up most of the window.

I have one mounted to a PDP Compact with a CHPWS Acro plate (I bought the plate before the Steiner was on the market, assuming I'd get an Aimpoint). The setup works great for me, but I wouldn't hesitate to use other plates.

The pistol and sight did very well at Gunsite a couple of weeks ago (350 Night). FWIW I used a TLR-7A wml and the whole setup ran like a top. The factory sights co-witness perfectly for my tastes.

User Tag List