Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk about range bags

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I carry so much ammo and stuff now that a shoulder bag or backpack is too much. I now use this and it has been so much easier. At $47 from Walmart, it has been a bargin. Link.

That’s the route I’ve taken too, only Kobalt from Lowes. Don’t want to lug the weight anymore. I have a large Midway bag and a Shooters Connection Tournament series pro bag which will support a ridiculous amount of weight on top without collapsing and I almost never use them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I’m a big fan of the top one, and really the Midway bags in general. I have one setup with pistol stuff, one setup with rifle stuff, and a smaller one that I keep staples/paster/earpro and miscellaneous stuff in. The rifle bag I’ve had for 16 years or more now without any issues. The black has faded from the sun, but the rest of it is still in great shape.
    I do that as well except that I keep my sight in targets in a 5gal bucket along with my paster guns and related items. I have another bucket with paint in it for metal.

This works ideally for me because I can pull up behind the bay on the gun club's outdoor range and I almost always use cardboard targets or shoot metal (ETA) which means I have either my pickup or my HHR close at hand. Don't laugh about the HHR, with the back seat down it can carry up to six target stands, sticks or posts (if shooting metal) for the stands, a case of cardboard targets, metal plates for the plate rack or other metal as well as all my shooting gear.

I noticed that some of the bags others recommended didn't have outside compartments. I especially like the conventional range bag setup for that reason. On the Midway style bags my earpro goes in the large compartment on the end, my PocketPro and range/weapon notebooks go on the other end.

One of the outside compartments on the side with two outside compartments is label 'TQ' in big letters on the side and the top flap and contains a TQ, an Israeli Bandage and a needle decompression kit as well as EMT shears.

That compartment is one of the reasons I like the conventional bag - I could confidently tell someone either 'bring my range bag to me' or. more importantly - 'get the baggy out of the compartment marked TQ and bring it here' instead of rummaging around and playing unzip the bag. etc.

That works well for the way I go to the range.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 11-02-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I use the GPS Tactical Range Packpack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ8G2RO/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1

Holds my eye and ear pro, timer, pistol ammo, Leatherman tool, writing tools, training log, holster, mag carriers, and pistol (two when required). It came with a brass bag too, I think.
    I can grap this and a stack of targets and head to the range. With a long gun, I obviously need another case.
    I’ve removed some the extraneous straps and added some MOLLE mag pouches to carry extra for IDPA matches.
    It’s held up with weekly use for 5 years or so, and I’m not looking for anything else.
    I've had one of these for a few years now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WQ55EM6...d01f975e8&th=1

I haven't beat on it hard or anything, but it works well for me so far.

A coworker just got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/TIDEWE-Tactic...d670b6bc&psc=1

She just got it, so jury is out on durability, but giving it the once over, it looks pretty handy.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List