Thread: Does anyone have an early flat nose G19.5?

Does anyone have an early flat nose G19.5?

I thought I recalled that when they first came out they weren’t tapered in the nose.

Does anyone have an early 19.5 that they can confirm this is the case?

I do not have one, but have seen several of the 17&19 "Ms" in Federal service.
    They all have the bevel/tapered slide.

Believe it was the frame that wasn't tapered on the early ones (like mine below). The slide was beveled. Later they beveled the frame to match the slide.
    Name:  IMG_1288.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  100.3 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The early gen 5’s had a frame dust cover that was not tapered thus it stuck out a smidge around nose of slide. They also had the front strap cutout a la gen 2 and no front slide serrations. This was most definitely the case as I intentionally waited for them to fix this stuff before purchasing.

Early ones had flat frame round nose and the front of grip cut out

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Believe it was the frame that wasn't tapered on the early ones (like mine below). The slide was beveled. Later they beveled the frame to match the slide.
    Name:  IMG_1288.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  100.3 KB
    Yep. I have one of these from when they were first released to the public in 2017. The slide had the tapered profile but the frame didn’t have a matching contour.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List