Thread: What spare parts for GEN 1 M&P?

What spare parts for GEN 1 M&P?

Name:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  53.6 KB

Background:

I have a great shooting Gen 1 M&P. I sent it to APEX and had them do their magic on it. It is probably the most mechanically accurate gun I own right now.

Issue:

I like to have spare parts for my carry guns. The main issue I have is I don't know what spare parts I need to get for this gun to keep it running, if any. I ASS-U-ME that I will need to eventually replace the springs in it. Any recommendations on what parts I need and where to get them would be helpful.

I'm not sure much is needed beyond springs. I've had multiple M&P 1.0s open before and they're fairly simple guns. Aside from the accuracy issues that the 1.0s originally had they are fairly well built guns.

Trigger Return Spring
    Sear Spring and Sear (not because the sear is needed, but it doesn't hurt and they're easy to find)
    Striker Block Spring and a spare striker block (especially if you ever intend to remove the rear sight...that damn block will fly off into oblivion)
    Recoil Spring
    Spare Extractor and Extractor Spring
    Magazine Release Spring
    Spare Striker and Striker Spring
    Spare RAM spring (since your gun is Apex'ed)

You can get most of these parts from Apex. Beyond that, the Apex Armorer's block is nice to have, but not necessary, it does help with reassembling the striker block. I really like M&Ps as far as plastic pistols go.

@RevolverRob

I was once told that F.A.R.T. stood for fast action response team. Of course that was in a previous life.

As far as parts go, any tools that will facilitate an easier exchange of parts is always helpful. Whenever I do any project, half my time is used to find the tools I need.

User Tag List