Thread: M&P Thumb Safety-No definitive on and off

M&P Thumb Safety-No definitive on and off

Just got a new 9c with a thumb safety. I noticed that you can push it very slightly down and disengage it while it still appears on. My 45's safety is very definite. Just like my 1911's but a little lighter.

SW wants me to send it in but I'm thinking there may be an easy fix. I'm pretty comfortable with minor smithing but haven't really studied the m&p safety.

Any experience and fix this?

There are some DIY threads over at mp-forum.com that involve a small file and removing some material to make the safety engagement more positive.

I don't have access to a desktop right now and can't find the exact thread, but it should be pretty easy to find over there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    There are some DIY threads over at mp-forum.com that involve a small file and removing some material to make the safety engagement more positive.

I don't have access to a desktop right now and can't find the exact thread, but it should be pretty easy to find over there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I think I found tht thread last week but all the pictures explaining everything were gone. I also heard there is a Hilton Yam article but I can't find that one.

I'd love to do the same, but I've not found a visual tutorial too.

User Tag List