Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In a world of dumb LE shit, this may be the dumbest

Site Supporter
    When you employ "The Alternative" as a less-lethal option on the suspect, but you've also been trained to perform double-taps your entire career...

Name:  b37f89dc38e8af8b6546290bc8c370dd.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  27.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I looked at the shotgun-launched Taser rounds several years ago. It seemed like an excellent concept until I saw the cost of the cartridges. The training rounds were practically the cost of the live rounds.

We all know that more training with a Taser will provide a better result than less training, but the handheld Tasers are inherently simple in deployment. Moreover, you can do some training with used cartridges. If you'd want to get good results from the shotgun-launched cart, you'd have to do live fire. That cost would quickly rise if you wanted to deploy the weapon to patrol rather than just SWAT or perhaps fugitive teams. I suspect many agencies decided to stick with impact munitions rather than the more effective Taser rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    When you employ "The Alternative" as a less-lethal option on the suspect, but you've also been trained to perform double-taps your entire career...

Name:  b37f89dc38e8af8b6546290bc8c370dd.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  27.9 KB
    Oh, that's easy... You just drop the mag before deploying this thing.

Site Supporter
    Name:  F82B285B-4090-4B33-849B-8E42779EF393.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  45.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Oh, that's easy... You just drop the mag before deploying this thing.

I just bought three to test.

Just kidding, this is even too dumb for me to spend money on by my low standards.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I just bought three to test.

Just kidding, this is even too dumb for me to spend money on by my low standards.
    For a moment, I was so proud of you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I can't believe this thing is still on the market, it's so stupid it makes my teeth ache.

Copy all on the shotgun Tasers, but the concept is so FUCKING COOL. Kinda like the Taser Claymore they were marketing for a while. I was in a LOT of staff meetings where I would have hit the clacker on one of those even if I was in the downrange area.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This idiotic notion of a device has been "a thing" since at least 2015. I can't imagine how the company keeps the doors open, surely there aren't that many gullible 'investors' out there are they? WTF have they sold the product to?
    The same people purchased these...

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The same people purchased these...

Nah. We're "testing" those wrap-em-up devices from the Good Idea Fairy, but can't stoop low enough to try the "lethally launched less lethal" doo-dad.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I suspect ideas like this find a bigger market in some overseas markets than with u.S. law enforcement. I can also see this thing being purchased by some security companies and private citizens.
    Eckshually, I believe this just might appeal to our Cousins across the Pond. Hand these out to officers armed with single-shot Glocks. I mean, these are the folks who deployed a spring-propelled anti-tank weapon in WW 2, the PIAT. (Oh, damn, Nigel, I believe we've irritated that Tiger tank crew quite badly.)

User Tag List