Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She's dead, Jim! I need a new chronograph

Name:  Tools.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  51.6 KB

Just curious, was this one of those AR sight offset dealios?

I have a basic non- Bluetooth Competition Electronics. I don’t use it much, just to confirm power factor. It’s been consistent USPSA match chrono’s

One of my consulting clients needed to replace their (expensive) three gate Oehler 57 based system and found the hard way that a LabRadar is pretty much impossible to use indoors. You need open space to prevent the signal from bouncing off walls and confusing the thing. (I could have told them if they had asked first).

I got a call to troubleshoot the issue and after confirming the LabRadar couldn’t work for their situation, we evaluated several options for their use case (shooting tunnel) and of all the systems we looked at, the cheap and nasty looking little Caldwell “ballistic precision” system ended up being the most accurate and useful.

Painfully ugly, but it still worked better than anything else we tested, and it’s about as cheap as these things can be.

Follow up question

What is the distance above the sensors for bullet path/trave for the Cadwell or the CE? (for best accuracy) On the Crony F-1 it was 3 to 5 inches and from my experience with it the closer the better. I always aimed through the bottom 3-inch mark.

I have been to 3 stores that should have had one of these on the shelf but no luck.

Lab Radar cures that problem as it sits beside you, not in front of the muzzle. Their new app that connects to it is pretty decent too, and allows you to control it from a tablet or phone. Getting actual different speeds at different distances is nice too, and those distances are user programable as well.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Lab Radar cures that problem as it sits beside you, not in front of the muzzle. Their new app that connects to it is pretty decent too, and allows you to control it from a tablet or phone. Getting actual different speeds at different distances is nice too, and those distances are user programable as well.

I really wish I could justify the cost of the Lab radar but the only real use I have for a crono is to verify my reloads. Most of the time it will be a dust collector.

I hear you, it is a pricey unit, maybe see if some buddies want to go in on it with you? That's how I do some of the bigger purchases I've done for reloading.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List