Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for small blade (6cm max)

Suggestions for small blade (6cm max)

Hello, I have an uncle who lives in a country that has very restrictive knife laws. I would like to get him something that is legal for him to possess there. It must have a blade no longer than 6cm (or 2.36"). Quality does matter, so nothing poorly made and not something like a Swiss Army knife. Any suggestions on a good fixed blade or locking folder that will fit the bill? Thanks in advance!

What's your budget?

Defensive or task oriented?

Outdoorsy or indoorsy?

Site Supporter
    How does he plan to carry the knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

For folders, with that restriction, would be hard to surpass a waved Dragonfly; or any Dragonfly.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Small fixed blades I or someone I trust well has had good experience with:

Esee Candiru
    Civivi Minimis
    Perrin La Griffe
    Tops Mini Tanimbocca
    Ka-bar Becker Remora
    Morakniv Eldris
    CRKT Minimalist
    Boker Gnome

I want badly to include my Otzi by Condor Knife and Tool, but honestly, it just doesn't hold an edge all that well, and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone not willing to keep up with the sharpening.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Small locking folders I can think of:
    Spyderco Dragonfly and Chicago
    Kershaw Leek (this has a spring assisted opening you may wish to avoid)
    Boker CLB Subcom (underrated knife, IMO)

I believe the smallest of Cold Steel's folders are around 2", but I have no experience with them.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Spyderco Dragonfly and Perrin's La Griffe fit the bill and I would recommend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The Blade Tech Mouse-Lite.

For one thing it does not appear aggressive and it is well under the max blade length, yet has a handle that is large enough to be practical for guys (like me) with size XL hands to use it. It is a very practical, functional knife.

Most people looking at it would not associate it as a weapon, rather they would associate it as a daily practical tool.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Spyderco Dragonfly and Perrin's La Griffe fit the bill and I would recommend.
    The Dragonfly is a very nice knife and slides in at right under the maximum allowable blade length.

That is another solid choice.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List