Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro accuracy problem

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I saw that, and noted he was shooting Gold Dot 124+P. I need to try that load.
    With a couple XLs, I’ve gotten good accuracy with the 124gr.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Beat me to this post haha
    The way I zero, I never got to Gold Dot. I get it close with the Wheeler, then shoot AE or Lawman 115/124. Once I am happy with a rough zero, I shoot Gold Dit and make any final adjustments.

YVK has my Macro upper now, and I will ask him to try Gold Dot right off, and a few ball loads to look for any difference. I have a Spectre Comp and will try that with Gold Dot in the next day or two. Hoping this solves it, although I am still perplexed why the 365 and XL shoot the AE and Lawman so well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The way I zero, I never got to Gold Dot. I get it close with the Wheeler, then shoot AE or Lawman 115/124. Once I am happy with a rough zero, I shoot Gold Dit and make any final adjustments.

YVK has my Macro upper now, and I will ask him to try Gold Dot right off, and a few ball loads to look for any difference. I have a Spectre Comp and will try that with Gold Dot in the next day or two. Hoping this solves it, although I am still perplexed why the 365 and XL shoot the AE and Lawman so well.
    I zero with 124 hst or gold dot (depending if I run out of hst)

But it shoots random ammo fine (adjusting got 25 yard poa/poi shift of course)

GJM didn't get ahold of me in time and I didn't take Gold Dots to the range. I shot his Macro upper mounted on a Wilson XL grip with a 115 gr Lawman. My findings mirrored his. PMM - Macro - Macro - PMM sequence yielded tight - wide - wide - tight groups at 25 yards. This was done after a warm-up and unsupported.
    PMM comp works better than Macro comp but that's expected.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    GJM didn't get ahold of me in time and I didn't take Gold Dots to the range. I shot his Macro upper mounted on a Wilson XL grip with a 115 gr Lawman. My findings mirrored his. PMM - Macro - Macro - PMM sequence yielded tight - wide - wide - tight groups at 25 yards. This was done after a warm-up and unsupported.
    PMM comp works better than Macro comp but that's expected.
    Now that three different shooters on different days have observed this, a few possibilities come to mind:

1) there is something wrong with this particular Macro upper and our Spectre comp upper.

2) these uppers shoot Gold Dot well and mainstream quality ball less good.

3) Aaron got a "good" upper.

Maybe it is the upper and that's your luck. I mean, you got one Glock slide that doesn't run with the Radian. I hope that they make a true length barrel for it, maybe it'll tighten it up. That slide comp felt like a gimmick to me.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Now that three different shooters on different days have observed this, a few possibilities come to mind:

1) there is something wrong with this particular Macro upper and our Spectre comp upper.

2) these uppers shoot Gold Dot well and mainstream quality ball less good.

3) Aaron got a "good" upper.

Could very well be a mix of all of the above

Since YVK has the Macro upper, my wife and I brought the Spectre Comp upper out today, along with a pistol rest and some Gold Dot 124+P ammo. Before describing our results, I want to mention that we frequently saw one shot further from the group. I saw this before, shooting a Glock 17 at 100 yards, with the initial hand cycled round being a flyer. For our testing, we loaded five rounds each time and hand cycled the first round. Makes me wonder what Sage and others did in their testing.

We had a pistol rest at 25 yards, and also shot freestyle. This was my first five rounds of AE 115 at 25 yards through the Spectre Comp upper and Macro lower, from the rest. I hesitate to call it a group.

Name:  AB1DB024-59C1-49EB-A5A3-1A8EA12CB3D3.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  26.1 KB

Same combination, but shot freestyle.

Name:  1816CB4F-E1E4-45F2-B9E8-E5B38BA53A70.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  26.7 KB

Next I shot Gold Dot, from the rest.

Name:  62754954-64F2-4938-9DD3-B9A07421B63A.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  25.1 KB

Then I shot Gold Dot freestyle.

Name:  981ED857-4B46-4608-B10A-5A56CA2F5791.jpg
Size:  26.9 KB

Then my wife shot Gold Dot freestyle.

Name:  2D080D5E-5647-41BB-A1BA-AD86228715EF.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  27.4 KB

From this shooting, it seems like the Macro shoots AE ball poorly. It shoots Gold Dot 124+P better, but not outstanding. There is a definite tendency to one shot being a flyer, and I believe it is the first shot, hand cycled.

Then my wife shot the XL upper on the Macro lower freestyle at 25.

Name:  A646C1A9-4E5A-442E-9B8F-1AF8E09E7340.jpg
Size:  29.7 KB

Then I shot Gold Dot freestyle same configuration and distance.

Name:  5375BCF4-ADE1-4248-B840-C7F5A84B847C.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  29.6 KB

Maybe I am not a talented bench shooter, but I didn't see any advantage shooting rested compared to freestyle, and maybe was more accurate freestyle.

I went on to do some array shooting with the XL/Macro combination, and really enjoyed it. I do notice the smaller display, and needed to turn the dot intensity up, to quickly pick up the dot in fast shooting. Doing doubles, I saw .16-.17 splits, so I don't feel the XL slide was holding me back for EDC style shooting.

@GJM

For Christmas I’m going to buy you two paster guns….

Since YVK has the Macro upper, my wife and I brought the Spectre Comp upper out today, along with a pistol rest and some Gold Dot 124+P ammo. Before describing our results, I want to mention that we frequently saw one shot further from the group. I saw this before, shooting a Glock 17 at 100 yards, with the initial hand cycled round being a flyer. For our testing, we loaded five rounds each time and hand cycled the first round. Makes me wonder what Sage and others did in their testing.

We had a pistol rest at 25 yards, and also shot freestyle. This was my first five rounds of AE 115 at 25 yards through the Spectre Comp upper and Macro lower, from the rest. I hesitate to call it a group.

Name:  AB1DB024-59C1-49EB-A5A3-1A8EA12CB3D3.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  26.1 KB

Same combination, but shot freestyle.

Name:  1816CB4F-E1E4-45F2-B9E8-E5B38BA53A70.jpg
Size:  26.7 KB

Next I shot Gold Dot, from the rest.

Name:  62754954-64F2-4938-9DD3-B9A07421B63A.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  25.1 KB

Then I shot Gold Dot freestyle.

Name:  981ED857-4B46-4608-B10A-5A56CA2F5791.jpg
Size:  26.9 KB

Then my wife shot Gold Dot freestyle.

Name:  2D080D5E-5647-41BB-A1BA-AD86228715EF.jpg
Size:  27.4 KB

From this shooting, it seems like the Macro shoots AE ball poorly. It shoots Gold Dot 124+P better, but not outstanding. There is a definite tendency to one shot being a flyer, and I believe it is the first shot, hand cycled.

Then my wife shot the XL upper on the Macro lower freestyle at 25.

Name:  A646C1A9-4E5A-442E-9B8F-1AF8E09E7340.jpg
Size:  29.7 KB

Then I shot Gold Dot freestyle same configuration and distance.

Name:  5375BCF4-ADE1-4248-B840-C7F5A84B847C.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  29.6 KB

Maybe I am not a talented bench shooter, but I didn't see any advantage shooting rested compared to freestyle, and maybe was more accurate freestyle.

I went on to do some array shooting with the XL/Macro combination, and really enjoyed it. I do notice the smaller display, and needed to turn the dot intensity up, to quickly pick up the dot in fast shooting. Doing doubles, I saw .16-.17 splits, so I don't feel the XL slide was holding me back for EDC style shooting.
    Your xl slide results mimic mine.

Your spectre results are a little worse than mine but not too much off a p365 for me vs an xl

I def do see a first shot variance

User Tag List