Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro accuracy problem

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I have all three so I can test it Next time I get to the range.
    I am sending my Macro upper to YVK to compare against his two 365X uppers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have several P365s.. one an XL with Wilson grip and the others plain P365s. One is a dedicated practice gun.

Now I am a Glock man (and 1911 man and S&W K frame man) but... these P365s are the slickest CCW guns I have ever came across (and I say that being a gun nut at age 16.. and I'm 68 now!)

I have zero accuracy problems with the Sig P-365 in any flavor but... I don't swap slides.

And my favorite practice load is using a 95gr (.380) fmj with same power charge I use for 125s using Unique power. The guns kick much less and it allows me to hip shoot one handed with ease for lots of practice (you see I have thousands of those 95 grain pills!!)

I am definitely sold on the P365 platform.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am sending my Macro upper to YVK to compare against his two 365X uppers.
    If I get another macro upper I will document some tests too!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My experience is that short barrels are not inaccurate. Prior to the Gen 5 pistols, I found Gen 3 and 4 34 pistols to be the least accurate of the range of models 26 - 34, I have been told by someone who knows, that excepting match 1911 pistols, that in 50 yard testing by a three letter agency that begins with an F, the 26 was the most accurate pistol they tested.
    Back in the day of single spring recoil springs my Gen3 G26 was more accurate than my Gen3 G17. We attributed it to the tighter lock up from the spring during the trigger pull. Which I got affirmation of from a engineer inside a certain company. I don't think that's an issue these days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    Back in the day of single spring recoil springs my Gen3 G26 was more accurate than my Gen3 G17. We attributed it to the tighter lock up from the spring during the trigger pull. Which I got affirmation of from a engineer inside a certain company. I don't think that's an issue these days.
    Possibly the reason the .45 models are more accurate too? Given that they're probably sprung heavier than the 9mm?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Possibly the reason the .45 models are more accurate too? Given that they're probably sprung heavier than the 9mm?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Possibly. I also consider the G21's to be very accurate in part because of the Octagonal polygonal rifling vs the Hexanol polygonal rifling in the smaller calibers. Possibly due to the greater bullet surface area. I'm not a ballistic expert by any stretch.

8:15 into the video he shoots a 25-yard group off of bags.

And in his previous video review of the spectre comp, the group was equally tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    And in his previous video review of the spectre comp, the group was equally tight.
    I saw that, and noted he was shooting Gold Dot 124+P. I need to try that load.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    8:15 into the video he shoots a 25-yard group off of bags.
    Beat me to this post haha

User Tag List