Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro accuracy problem

365 Macro accuracy problem

Back in the summer, I got my wife a 365 Spectre Comp and a EPS Carry. We didn't spend too many sessions shooting it, but at 25 yards and further, it struggled with accuracy. Ever since the 365 Macro came out, I have been wondering about accuracy at distance, but haven't seen reports. I recently picked up a 365 Macro, and last night installed a 407K, which I rough zeroed with a Wheeler green laser sighter. Generally that gets me within an inch or two at 25 yards.

After shooting my Open gun and a Glock this afternoon, I got to shoot the Macro. My initial impressions were that it was a great shooting pistol. After 50 rounds or so of AE 124, I decided to check the zero on a USPSA head box at 15 yards. It seemed like my group was wandering in windage, and I ended up making a number of adjustments without getting a satisfactory zero. I changed to Lawman 124, thinking the American Eagle was a problem, and got the same result. I then painted an eight inch steel at 25 yards, and was using the whole steel.

I asked my wife to shoot it, as she often shoots better groups than me. Also, the 365 is her EDC and she competes with a 320, so she is very Sig centric. At 15 yards on a head box, it was as if she had two groups with elevation fine, but windage the issue. At 25 yards, she couldn't keep all five of her shots on the head box. I painted the steel, and she was using the entire eight inch steel, with a pattern not a group.

I painted the steel again, and shot Lawman at 25, getting this group which was similar to what she was getting.

Name:  0AB91BAB-24C7-4521-A980-67AE4C47C4AA.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  61.3 KB

Disgusted, we decided to take the 365X slide off her EDC, and drop it on the Macro lower. I shot a quick five shot group at 25 and got this.

Name:  9455B55C-52B6-4A55-B014-BC70BC44A38F.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  55.1 KB

Unless we got two very unlucky uppers, I believe Sig has a problem with the upper on the Spectre Comp/Macro pistols. I really like the Macro grip module and magazines, but no way am I carrying that upper given how well the 365/365XL/PMM barrel and comps shoot at 25 yards and further.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I bought a Macro lower and mags off Gunbroker as I wasn't interested in the Spectre upper. Pulled a P365XL slide with an EPS Carry slide off one of my XL's and put it one the Macro lower and shot this 10 shot group at 25. Obviously windage is a touch off, but the dot was zeroed with a different FCU. I'll be sticking to the regular slides, may try out a PMM Comp at some point though.

Name:  20221011_160203.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  40.8 KB

The Browning action is so simple, yet not trivial to design a particular instance of it. M&P is a great example of that, and I’m not at all surprised to see Sig handing off the R&D to early adopters.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Mine shoots a fist sized group at 25 yards if I do my part. I was surprised at how accurate it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Mine shoots a fist sized group at 25 yards if I do my part. I was surprised at how accurate it was.
    Can you translate that into inches?

Sample of 6 but mine have had no issue scoring above 94 on a B8 at 25 (macro slide)

That said I keep selling the macro slides and run xl slides

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Sample of 6 but mine have had no issue scoring above 94 on a B8 at 25 (macro slide)

That said I keep selling the macro slides and run xl slides
    What ammo you running?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What ammo you running?

Have tried with

124 hst
    147 hst
    115 tula
    124 magtech
    124 s&b

Standard zero is 124 hst
    Last edited by G19Fan; 10-29-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Are you saying that the Macro slides shoot as well as a 365 or XL slide, or that Macro slides shoot well enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are you saying that the Macro slides shoot as well as a 365 or XL slide, or that Macro slides shoot well enough for you?
    Mine shoot slightly less well than an xl slide but stil no issues at 25 yards. On par with any p365 slides I have had

User Tag List