Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC Flashlights and Wrist Lanyards

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

Are you specifically looking for a video on pocket carry and extraction using the lanyard?
    Yes
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

This is very compelling … and I think a lanyard light is in my near future ! Thanks for your work with EDC Lights. I would also appreciate a more nuanced video re: pocket retrieval and the lanyard.

Question, how does the light stay vertical in the pocket? (Or maybe it doesn’t?)

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    This is very compelling … and I think a lanyard light is in my near future ! Thanks for your work with EDC Lights. I would also appreciate a more nuanced video re: pocket retrieval and the lanyard.

Question, how does the light stay vertical in the pocket? (Or maybe it doesn’t?)

Josh
    Josh, did you just contact me via the contact form on the EDCLB website? My response to you was blocked by your provider;

554 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy. Please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

If so, let me know and I will post my response to you in a PM. If not, disregard.

In response to your question, I use one of these CountyComm pouches to carry my house keys, and that rides next to the light in my pocket. For the most part, it keeps the light vertical (bezel down) for easy retrieval. Even if the light lays in the bottom of the pocket horizontal, retrieval is not difficult.

I can no longer use a pocket flashlight without a lanyard. ;-)
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Jim ,

Yes - that was me !

Your response did come through to my email. Thanks.

This totally makes sense. I am going to look at some pocket solutions. For whatever reason , I just don’t like the flashlight going vertical in my pocket.

Thanks again for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I hadn’t forgot about EDC Light Builder! I just ordered a Modlite PLHv2 handheld literally an hour ago and it looks like the E2XTD 18650 Fatboy would’ve been precisely what I was looking for! If the Modlite doesn’t work out, I’ll be back.

*Does the lanyard work well with said Modlite 18650 PLHv2?

Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    I wish I hadn’t forgot about EDC Light Builder! I just ordered a Modlite PLHv2 handheld literally an hour ago and it looks like the E2XTD 18650 Fatboy would’ve been precisely what I was looking for! If the Modlite doesn’t work out, I’ll be back.
    That's an excellent light!

The E2XTD 18650 Fat Boy is directly comparable to the OKW 18650, but is lighter (4.4 ounces with 18650 cell vs. 6.03 ounces) and has slimmer dimensions (.815" body O.D. vs. .990" O.D.). I can also attest that at least my sample of the Malkoff E2XTD head is significantly under rated by Malkoff: 70,000 cd rating by Malkoff vs. my 82,000 cd direct measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    Does the lanyard work well with said Modlite 18650 PLHv2?
    Assuming a 6P size lanyard loop fits the Modlite, then yes!

Let me know if you want to give one a try.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I can already tell that I like this set up for old-school light techniques.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I can already tell that I like this set up for old-school light techniques.
    I've found the secret to success is to experiment. While I generally leave the loop full open, it can be slightly shortened to hold the light a bit closer to the hand when hanging by the lanyard. Keeping the light closer helps to re-establish a proper grip more quickly, and keeps the light more stable when using the freed hand for mag changes, malfunction clearances, etc.

Thanks for giving it a try, I look forward to your feedback!

User Tag List