Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDC Flashlights and Wrist Lanyards

EDC Flashlights and Wrist Lanyards

@newyork pinged me for info on how I use a flashlight wrist lanyard, and how I carry the light sans pocket clip. I uploaded an article with photos and a short video here to address the questions.

Thanks for taking a look!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    @newyork pinged me for info on how I use a flashlight wrist lanyard, and how I carry the light sans pocket clip. I uploaded an article with photos and a short video here to address the questions.

Thanks for taking a look!
    This is just what I need. I ran a finger lanyard during my member range’s Halloween low-light shoot a couple of nights ago, and it worked ok, but I’m always looking for a better mousetrap that doesn’t involve searching with a WML.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is it difficult/slow getting your hand through the lanyard in the pocket?

Would this not be good for fast deployment or is it kind of like pocket carrying a J frame where danger is spotted and the hand rests there in wait?

That’s a word salad but idk how else to say it lol

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is it difficult/slow getting your hand through the lanyard in the pocket?
    I wear Duluth relaxed fit Foreman's pants most of the time. The pockets are roomy enough to reach in and fish my hand through the lanyard easily.

Would this not be good for fast deployment or is it kind of like pocket carrying a J frame where danger is spotted and the hand rests there in wait?

That’s a word salad but idk how else to say it lol
    Definitely not as fast as a pocket clip or belt carry to access. But you can "open carry" a flashlight in-hand without any of the problems of doing the same with a weapon, especially a compact light that few will notice. That's why I'm an advocate of having the light in-hand before venturing into low-light spaces. In the winter I'll transfer the light to a coat pocket for easier access. I'm willing to trade off a bit of access for the retention capability of the lanyard and having the entire circumference of the flashlight body free of anything that could interfere with a good grip.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This is just what I need. I ran a finger lanyard during my member range’s Halloween low-light shoot a couple of nights ago, and it worked ok, but I’m always looking for a better mousetrap that doesn’t involve searching with a WML.
    Let me know if you want to give an EDCLB wrist lanyard a try. I'd be happy to send you one gratis for your feedback.

I think you’ll see an order for a Fat Boy with lanyard and ring from me this Fall. Wish it could be now. After my bonus I’m your man.

An actual video with an explanation of the technique would be more helpful.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I agree. I’d like to see that myself. I’m a slow learner as it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    An actual video with an explanation of the technique would be more helpful.
    I agree. I’d like to see that myself. I’m a slow learner as it is lol
    Thanks for the feedback!

Are you specifically looking for a video on pocket carry and extraction using the lanyard?

User Tag List