Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bravo Company 14.5” ELW Accuracy: A Quick Look

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    As an owner of a Mk12 built by Monty, I would suggest against it. @WobblyPossum

They pin the gas black on the top, not the bottom. When pinning barrels on bottom, that clamps the block down against the gas port. When pinning from the top, it doesn't. The result is a naturally leaky gas block. When I sent them emails to point out the issue that my gun was under gassed and sent photos clearly displaying carbon soot that has escaped the gas block and gathered around it, they refused to acknowledge that as an issue. They did agree to ship the upper back and open up the gas port, but securing the gas block in a conventional fashion that's doesn't make it leak would be preferable.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Holy Schnikey! @Molon, that barrel performed well!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    [B][SIZE=6]

Now, that really looks like a good bore

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    As an owner of a Mk12 built by Monty, I would suggest against it. @WobblyPossum They pin the gas black on the top, not the bottom.
    That's odd. Does he give a rational for doing it that way?

Member of the General Population

Molon, I’ve been following you on here and a couple other sites for a long time. Your posts are some of the most value-added content on the internet. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these projects.

For the barrel above, what ammo did you use?

What do you use for a bore scope?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s surprisingly accurate considering how many people have reported poor accuracy with the BCM BFH barrels. I hope they’re all like that now.
    They’re light and the balance will magnify any deficiency/inconsistency in your shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s surprisingly accurate considering how many people have reported poor accuracy with the BCM BFH barrels. I hope they’re all like that now.
    I think its unfair to characterize their accuracy as "poor". It's far more appropriate to say they're not competitive against dedicated match barrels when called upon for match tasks (or similar).
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List