Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Is the "dust" ok?
    #RESIST

Cool CeeeGars!

#1 Liga Privada #9
    #2 La Perla Torpedo
    #3 Ashton VSG- (any VSG)
    oh, if you come across any "Pre-Embargo" Ghurka's Ill pay dearly for them. By far THE best smoke E.V.E.RRRRRRR lol

Did I mention EVER~?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is the "dust" ok?
    very common for vintage (aged) cigars to develop an extremely light, pure white dusting of mold. Not harmful at all, and signifies a mellowing of the tobacco. Green, however, signals decay and bad cigars. Proper humidity control is vital.

All of my '88s and '93s have this, as do my "aging" boxes of LGCs. I usually wipe the mold off when I give a cigar to a friend. Doesn't bother me anymore.

If you'd like a try at one, email me, I'll send you a few stogies.

Plume is what it's called.....lets say it's the grey hair of cigars. If you don't want them send them here I'll disposed of them for you

In my book a cigar with plume that consists of white dusting stated earlier is like aged Scotch, better with time and the flavor characteristics change usually for the better.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm a rank neophyte at cigars, though I find that I enjoy them if I have someone with more knowledge pick out some mild, smooth ones for me.

The last one I thoroughly enjoyed was a Padron 1964 Principe, along with a selection of fine rums at a local rum bar. They looked at me funny when I asked for a mojito made with Zaya rum, but once the bartender tried one himself, he saw the light. Combined with the Padron, it made for a fine evening with some old friends out on the patio.
    The Padron 1964 (Naturals) are my all time favorite, but they sure have gone up in price when you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Plume is what it's called.....lets say it's the grey hair of cigars. If you don't want them send them here I'll disposed of them for you

In my book a cigar with plume that consists of white dusting stated earlier is like aged Scotch, better with time and the flavor characteristics change usually for the better.
    Spoken like a true addict, err, I mean connoisseur!

I tried for the life of me to remember it was "plume," but it just wouldn't come to me!

And no, you can't have them. I was merely offering a stick or two to someone who's never had.

Well played sir...well played.

I will return to enjoying my LaFlourDominica Airbender. Tasty stick if you like them with depth.

AKA: SkyLine1

Just finished an Alec Bradley American Sun Grown. Very good medium bodied cigar for around $5. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by vaglocker; 10-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Mmmmmmmm. Gonna light up a '93 and enjoy it with a glass of Woodford Reserve.

Cheers everyone, and enjoy your Friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post

If you'd like a try at one, email me, I'll send you a few stogies.
    Thanks! Inbound email.
    #RESIST

User Tag List