Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    I'm not Irish by any stretch, but I do love a Pete. And you can't have a St. Patty's Day without burning a bowl of something appropriate, so......

and.......15lbs of Luxury Navy Flake for aging purposes!
    I haven't been to this thread in a long time and just now ran across the pic of this pipe. Man that looks like a nice pipe! Congratulations.

I don't smoke - Government and health insurance provider says it is bad for me. But if I did smoke - It would be the occasional premium cigar. And among those I would favor:

Gurkha - Cellar Reserves and Evils in the 5x58 and 5x50 sizes
    Rocky Patel - Vintage 1992 in the Petite Corona (4.5x44) size - Which I am told is one of the best standard production cigars ever made
    My Uzi Weighs a Ton - Bait Fish (4x40) - Which if reviewers by smokers are to be believed is the best cigar made next to the Patel 1992 Petite Corona

-Rob

For the record, I don't smoke either. I appreciate the beauty of briars and the history of 'baccy.

Anyone get any new smokables?

I just landed a new Wiley freehand....and a pound of aromatic english. Pics to follow....maybe with guns, razors, and leather goods as background.

Site Supporter
    Yes, I recently bought a new bent-stem Luciano and several ounces of 1-Q -- first foray and all that.

Cake is forming nicely and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I just landed a new Wiley freehand....and a pound of aromatic english. Pics to follow....maybe with guns, razors, and leather goods as background.
    Yes, I succumbed tonight and bought some Frog Morton, Dunhill Nightcap, Stokkebye Lux Navy Flake, and Dunhill London Mixture. Should be here Thursday-ish.

Nothing like sitting on the back patio with the dog and a pipe.

So I've been spending a lot of time in the woods, and a nice bowl would be good to have by the fire. I've had trouble with tobacco before, so not sure I'll actually do it, but if I do, I'll get this to tote the smoke: http://www.bradleymountain.com/shop/pipe-utility-roll
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

For the record, I don't smoke either. I appreciate the beauty of briars and the history of 'baccy.
    Heresy! Next you'll be telling us that you don't actually shoot all those purty Wilsons.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    So I've been spending a lot of time in the woods, and a nice bowl would be good to have by the fire. I've had trouble with tobacco before, so not sure I'll actually do it, but if I do, I'll get this to tote the smoke: http://www.bradleymountain.com/shop/pipe-utility-roll
    That is very cool, thanks for posting that link. I have been looking for something along those lines as a reward for one of my minions.

And I'll have to grab one for myself, of course.

After coming home from a nice dinner with my wife, we sat out on the back patio and watched the sunset. I had my Missouri Meerschaum with some Tinderbox Sunset Rum tobacco, and a homemade daiquiri (rum, cut and squeezed key limes, ice and sugar). We watched the sun go down while my pipe smoke kept the monsoon-brought flying bugs away.

User Tag List