Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Site Supporter
    My doctor told me that when I have my 95th birthday, I can smoke and drink(again).😁

Site Supporter
    Stopped by the cigar shop on the way back from picking up a corned beef yesterday. Figured I would need something to do while it was raining and my beef was simmering. I asked the owner to recommend "an Ashton VSG at half the price" and he pointed me to this Tabernacle, it was quite good. Not quite as robust as the VSG, but in a similar flavor profile... I would certainly buy this again..

Name:  TAB.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  27.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Stopped by the cigar shop on the way back from picking up a corned beef yesterday. Figured I would need something to do while it was raining and my beef was simmering. I asked the owner to recommend "an Ashton VSG at half the price" and he pointed me to this Tabernacle, it was quite good. Not quite as robust as the VSG, but in a similar flavor profile... I would certainly buy this again..

Do you chew it or smoke it?😁

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Nice to see this get bumped.

Apparently H Upmann figured out that they were considered an Old man cigar brand and so launched some new options.

This one, recommended by a local shop to me after he saw shat else was in my hands, is very good and typically reasonably priced.

https://www.famous-smoke.com/hu-nica...-cigars-maduro

For reference, my long-standing favorite cigar is the Liga Pravada No 9. And the new Upmann holds up very well next to it.
    https://www.famous-smoke.com/liga-pr...-cigars-maduro
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

A relative who has lived in Miami in the past sent me some of these.

https://thelongashcigars.com/

She sent me 6 different ones but they had no band so not sure exactly what they were. They were all better than my normal 7 buck cigar.

I'm smoking these for awhile. Connecticut broad leaf from Nicaragua.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I think of this less as “an Ashton VSG at half the price” and more of a “Liga #9 but better.”

The Tabernacle is made by Foundation Cigars, which was founded by the guy who blended the #9 for Drew Estate.

I don’t think I’ve had a cigar from Foundation that I didn’t like.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I think of this less as “an Ashton VSG at half the price” and more of a “Liga #9 but better.”

The Tabernacle is made by Foundation Cigars, which was founded by the guy who blended the #9 for Drew Estate.

I don’t think I’ve had a cigar from Foundation that I didn’t like.
    I was looking for something to try from Drew.. Thanks.
    The Betty posted earlier is a bit thick for me

Would be interested in your "VSG at half price" recommendation if you have one.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Cigar and Pipe thread

I’m a Drew Estates fan. #9 and t52 are my favorites. Also the Nasty Fritas are made from the trimmings and are amazing for the money. And the Feral Flying Pig…

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The first thing that came to mind was the MF 1922 Le Bijou and I found a guy on reddit suggesting the same thing here so maybe I wasn't totally off base. I'm not a big Ashton guy though (their flavor profile just isn't my thing).

RE: Drew cigars, they have a lot of different stuff to try. If you live in a state where it's legal to order cigars online, and excise taxes don't eat up all the savings, many online retailers offer samplers like this one that include a bunch of different cigars from a brand. Or different cigars from different brands that all have a common flavor profile. Or whatever.

User Tag List