Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Over the winter, I've been timing my weekly cigar for days when it's above freezing and not raining. I have a nice fire pit, so if the weather meets those two criteria I'll make a fire and enjoy my cigar, but to be honest when it's in the 30s it's still a little cold to be outside.

Yesterday was a nice pre-Spring day. When I finished my arduous commute (from my office upstairs to my my patio), I made a fire, but alas, I was out of cigars. Time for a trip to the local store to stock up.

Glad to see we already have a thread for this.

I recently took the time to clean and maintain my pipes as they’ve been sitting unused since I graduated from law school and no longer have a daily walk to and from class that I invariably smoked a pipe during (I graduated May of 19). I live in an apartment so walking is about my only option for smoking. Looking forward to nicer weather and a lot of walking, occasionally with a pipe. I’m also working on rehydrating the MM 965 I have left over, and I’m glad Peterson is apparently doing a good job of producing that blend since Dunhill stopped making tobacco. I’d settled on it as the only pipe tobacco I needed.

I smoked a LOT of pipes and cigars (and cigarettes) in college. I can’t go back to smoking daily (really, constantly) like I did then, but fortunately I have spousal approval to continue enjoying the occasional pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post

I recently took the time to clean and maintain my pipes as they’ve been sitting unused since I graduated from law school and no longer have a daily walk to and from class that I invariably smoked a pipe during (I graduated May of 19). I live in an apartment so walking is about my only option for smoking. Looking forward to nicer weather and a lot of walking, occasionally with a pipe. I’m also working on rehydrating the MM 965 I have left over, and I’m glad Peterson is apparently doing a good job of producing that blend since Dunhill stopped making tobacco. I’d settled on it as the only pipe tobacco I needed.

I smoked a LOT of pipes and cigars (and cigarettes) in college. I can’t go back to smoking daily (really, constantly) like I did then, but fortunately I have spousal approval to continue enjoying the occasional pipe.
    You smoke a pipe, carry a 1911, and are younger than me.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass the "P-F Hipster" title to you, my friend...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post

Thanks for the reccy on the MM965. I added it to a restock order I had going.

If you enjoy a quick cigar, I've become a big fan of these Ashton Half Corona's. LINK.
    The Dominican, Connecticut wrapper version (light blue box) is much better than the white-box (Sri Lanka?) version.

Also, two thumbs up for smokingpipes.com .. Good selection, reasonable shipping cost and quick to ship (same/next day).
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I smoked a pipe for a couple years in college and a couple years after. I always enjoyed Dunhill Nightcap.

I may have to dig out one of my Petersons and track down a tin of something once the weather warms up.

I get the itch for a cigar or a pipe every once in a while. When I quit cigarettes cold turkey I told myself I'd never have nicotine ever again. Im pretty reluctant to go down that road... addiction is a bitch.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I get the itch for a cigar or a pipe every once in a while. When I quit cigarettes cold turkey I told myself I'd never have nicotine ever again. Im pretty reluctant to go down that road... addiction is a bitch.
    You Bill Clinton cigars - you're going for the flavor - no tastebuds in the lungs.

Very true but you are still getting nicotine into your system. I just don't know if its worth it for me....but every now and again I feel like it just might be...
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    I'm pretty well-stocked so it's been a long time since I shopped for pipe tobacco. That's a bummer about Dunhill. MM 965 is one of my favorites too. I'm glad to hear there's a decent replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You smoke a pipe, carry a 1911, and are younger than me.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass the "P-F Hipster" title to you, my friend...
    I used to object to being called a hipster, but in addition to the above I drink mostly craft beer and bourbon, wear a lot of flannel, and mostly listen to obscure European metal, so I know I’m not doing myself any favors.

That said, I don’t own a single revolver (yet), so I think your title is safe for now.

User Tag List