Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aridus SMRT Follower for 1301

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    I feel left out... ordered.

Site Supporter
    Ordered…

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Note that if you have a Nordic spring in your gun, it may require being trimmed to accommodate the Aridus follower. Once I did that I was able to fit 7 shells in the tube and the gun ran just fine in my Home Defense Shotgun class where it was used heavily as a loaner.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I ordered one too. I don't think it is really a need for me, but I was so impressed with how the charging handle issue was handled that I wanted to support Aridus any way I could. I do think its a really cool design though.

Agreed, and for the same reason.

Aridus SMRT follower installed. I had to cut 1 coil from a Nordic +2 spring fitted for the OEM follower.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Note that if you have a Nordic spring in your gun, it may require being trimmed to accommodate the Aridus follower. Once I did that I was able to fit 7 shells in the tube and the gun ran just fine in my Home Defense Shotgun class where it was used heavily as a loaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Aridus SMRT follower installed. I had to cut 1 coil from a Nordic +2 spring fitted for the OEM follower.
    Slight thread drift here...I'm curious if anyone is using the factory spring instead of the Nordic spring??
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Slight thread drift here...I'm curious if anyone is using the factory spring instead of the Nordic spring??
    I am.

With a +1 extension.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Mine arrived today..👍

Name:  5727D7D6-5ABD-4D38-9912-F9C949E0E86E.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  68.1 KBMy 3 arrived today. Fast shipping. Yes, it’s easy to see the green and also you can use your finger to feel the face. It fits perfect and as Tony said, I made sure the factory spring bottoms out. It’s definitely an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I am.

With a +1 extension.
    I have several unopened Nordic Springs and I just use the factory spring on +2 extensions

My 1301 doesn’t have an extension yet so I’m using the OEM spring in the 5 round tube. Initially I thought I might have to cut off a coil or two when I saw the end of the spring wouldn’t fit into the follower like it does with the OEM follower, but I reassembled the gun and had no issues getting 5 dummy shells in the tube and cycling them through a few times. I was also able to load 5 rounds of FFC into the tube. I’ll run the gun as is for now. If I have issues I might cut a coil off.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List