Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Geissele wins CBP rifle contract

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Given all the issues with Geissele barrels it still may turn out that way.
    What are the issues?
    A Duck Duck Go search on “Geissele barrels” turned up nothing in 3-4 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    What are the issues?
    A Duck Duck Go search on “Geissele barrels” turned up nothing in 3-4 pages.
    See above

Also...
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...light=Geissele
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks -should make for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thanks -should make for interesting reading.
    From the sounds of that I really suspect these were designed to really be run suppressed. I expect they don't like weaker ammo and no can.

I wasn't involved in the selection process in any way, so I don't have any info to share.

I will say that BCM has been great to work with and the quality of their parts is outstanding.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I wasn't involved in the selection process in any way, so I don't have any info to share.

I will say that BCM has been great to work with and the quality of their parts is outstanding.
    BCM is simply outstanding. The value is excellent. You get a great rifle that is among the most reliable out there at a cost that is very affordable. Anyone who tells me that they want their first rifle, I tell them to run, don’t walk, to BCM and don’t look back. I’d have zero reservations taking a stock BCM into harms way in the most adverse conditions.

Name:  BCM4 11.5%22 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  39.7 KB
    BCM 11.5” SBT

Name:  BCM SDM-R 20%22 2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  31.1 KB
    BCM lower for SDM-R build

Name:  CMT UHP15 PDW #1.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  33.4 KB
    CMR PDW lower on BCM 9” 300 BO upper
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Bravo Company 14.5” ELW Accuracy: A Quick Look

ELW stands for enhanced light-weight. This barrel is from Bravo Company’s cold-hammer forged series of barrels. The barrel has a “continuous taper” design with a smooth shoulder at the gas block journal, which reportedly improves barrel harmonics. This barrel has a mid-length gas system and a 0.625” gas block journal.

According to Bravo Company, this barrel has a stripped weight of 1 pound, 5 ounces. For comparison, a Colt 14.5” M4 barrel has a stripped weight of 1 pound, 9 ounces.

BCM 14.5” ELW

Colt 14.5” M4 barrel. (not stripped)

I purchased this barrel as part of a BCM factory assembled upper receiver group with the MCMR 13” free-float hand guard. The barrel has BCM’s pinned and welded A2X flash hider.

Shooting off-the-bench at a distance of 100 yards (using a high magnification scope), this barrel produced a 10-shot group that has an extreme spread of 0.946” with a mean radius of 0.33”.

….

Member of the General Population

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    From the sounds of that I really suspect these were designed to really be run suppressed. I expect they don't like weaker ammo and no can.
    That doesn’t explain the institutional issues where test articles functioned fine in the specified test configuration with test ammo and production guns failed in the sane configurations with the sane ammo.

Geissele’s rapid expansion has brought QC / consistency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That doesn’t explain the institutional issues where test articles functioned fine in the specified test configuration with test ammo and production guns failed in the sane configurations with the sane ammo.

Geissele’s rapid expansion has brought QC / consistency issues.
    Yep, that's it. They are experiencing growing pains, but they are a solid company, they will most likely self correct and pull it together, at least I hope so.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

User Tag List