Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A pair of homeshop made Clay guns

A pair of homeshop made Clay guns

Name:  Gen12 Clay Guns small.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  75.1 KB
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

I have to ask. How did you make that sight rib? It seems pretty high, like on a trap gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I have to ask. How did you make that sight rib? It seems pretty high, like on a trap gun.
    I "bent" existing things to my will! Stanchions are AR clamp on front sights. Vent rib is...a vent rib. Height is the same
    as you would find on any other AR with irons or optics. About 2.5 to 2.75 over the bore centerline.

Site Supporter
    I appreciate the gnashing of teeth this will cause. How much has Orthodontist Lobby paid you?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I appreciate the gnashing of teeth this will cause. How much has Orthodontist Lobby paid you?
    Funny!

Well I just experienced my first ever anywhere Post Deletion on the Shotgun World Forum of the photo I posted here.

Reason? Mod quote> "By definition, Troll post = one made for no reason other then to stir the pot and start arguments, it meets that criteria. Most clubs do not allow that style firearm on their SC courses. Steve"

I admitted to wanting a discussion both Pro and Con and just to answer, with respect, any questions about the guns. I knew I might
    be met with some hard Cons, but that is ok. I built the guns to comply with the current NSCA rules. I love the guns and will continues to
    compete with them.

Such is life.
    Patrick

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Funny!

Well I just experienced my first ever anywhere Post Deletion on the Shotgun World Forum of the photo I posted here.

Reason? Mod quote> "By definition, Troll post = one made for no reason other then to stir the pot and start arguments, it meets that criteria. Most clubs do not allow that style firearm on their SC courses. Steve"

I admitted to wanting a discussion both Pro and Con and just to answer, with respect, any questions about the guns. I knew I might
    be met with some hard Cons, but that is ok. I built the guns to comply with the current NSCA rules. I love the guns and will continues to
    compete with them.

Such is life.
    Patrick
    That sucks, but I don’t expect any less when more than half of that forum can only answer technique questions by saying “just focus on the clay and pull the trigger” But I’ll play.

Have you found the dot gun to be more tolerant of a less than perfect mount or movinng your head while tracking the bird than a standard shotgun? I’ve been meaning to throw a dot on one of my shotguns but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Does the straight line recoil make pairs or a second shot easier?

I think to me the biggest negative would be that In a game where there is plenty of loading, but you almost never load more than two shells at a time having to load a magazine would possibly be an annoying extra step.

ETA: It used to be considered ok to make an innovative new blaster to try and help you break more clays.
    Ljutic Space gun:
    Name:  59C22CE0-B390-40E1-9615-C91953E02EBA.jpeg
Views: 485
Size:  40.1 KB
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 10-29-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Funny!

compete with them.

Such is life.
    Patrick
    Sorry to hear this! Some people have no sense of humor. I have a friend who occasionally shoots a Saiga shotgun when only a few friends are at the skeet range, but not around the general club members. He does it for fun and a change of pace. I considered a VR80 magazine fed shotgun before, but did not buy it because I would not not be able to shoot it anywhere except with slugs at a rifle range. I need to buy some land. .
    Last edited by DamonL; 10-29-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Funny!

compete with them.

Such is life.
    Patrick
    Unfortunately I rarely shoot shotguns, but I have yet to visit or otherwise become aware of a club where that type of gun would not be allowed. Is there any merit to that claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

compete with them.
    Do you shoot a lot of SC? What were your scores with these guns? What are your scores with an O/U or other semiauto?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Funny!

compete with them.

Such is life.
    Patrick
    This is the kinda SC snottiness that occasionally puts me off. If the rules are no more than two shells in the gun at any time, well fine-ok, no big deal- buuutttt, let me shoot my damn shotguns! I was on my university's skeet team, and I shot that with my poor-redneck-kid camoflauged Mossberg pump gun until I found my way to a O/U.

I also have a Saiga-12, cause that thing is bitchin'. What about SBS, or suppressed shotguns, or the 3 Gun extended tube guns? Where is the line, and WHY is the line there? I'm happy if someone wants to step to the line with their ultra-bucks-up Kriegoff and I can't see anyone turning away someone with a BT-99 or a Space Gun, so Why The F are the AK or AR mag-fed guns given all this hostility? Shoot, be safe, and have fun.

Sorry- that hit a nerve.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List