Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holosun Pistol Lights

Site Supporter
    My lgs has one of these which I examined. I agree that it's weighty. If it's as solid as it seems, then I predict this model will give excellent service. I wonder, though if many prospective buyers might object to its weight?

The P.ID HC will power up with a CR123 but it is noticeably dimmer on both high and low settings. The light, on high, seems to want to shut itself off after maybe 20 seconds in high mode. In low mode it does not seem to do this although I didn't run it very long in constant on/low.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've been playing around with this light mounted to my Shadow Systems XR920. After a small amount of live fire, I'm going to say the switching pretty much sucks.

The inward press is not very intuitive and hard to do with my support thumb. And then running it with the trigger finger there would seem to be a chance to an AD as mentioned in one of the videos linked above. Maybe searching with the trigger finger indexed and pressing in on the switch is how Holosun envisioned this to work. But then needing to go from index to trigger means the light goes off once the finger is moved or takes another quick tap to switch the light from momentary to constant.

The rest of the light seems solid. Nicely focused beam with good run time and good size. Every knew light on the market should have the battery come out the front. Taking the light off every time to change the battery is an outdated design.

What I'd like to see is a new version with switches that are more like the ones Streamlight is using on the TLR-9.

Recently saw a clip from QVO Tactical showing the PID fitting in one of their kydex holsters meant for a TLR-1. Any chance anybody has a PID and some TLR-1 kydex from other makers to test with? I'm 100% Surefire here.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Recently saw a clip from QVO Tactical showing the PID fitting in one of their kydex holsters meant for a TLR-1. Any chance anybody has a PID and some TLR-1 kydex from other makers to test with? I'm 100% Surefire here.
    It kinda works in the Raven Concealment Perun for the Glock with a TLR-1. Not a perfect fit but probably good enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    I bought one of their vis green lasers meant for a pistol to toss on a rifle for a couple proof of concept applications. Concept was great, application with that laser sucked. Kept getting bumped on when the rifle was wedged between my center console, so it would die constantly.

The button on the plus looks recessed enough, combined with the rechargeable battery, to make this possibly a viable option to replace a scout style light, and the stand alone pointer…. I’ll be keeping a close eye.
    Yes, I have a carbine that needs a light and the Dual or Plus models look interesting. Eager to hear from those who try.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Bumping this up for any user experience. I'm mainly interested in the PID Plus, but the smaller activation buttons give me pause.

PID Plus does not fit my Safariland duty holsters so it was a no for me. My normal PID still works great.

User Tag List